Transformer Prime or Nexus - Which one first?

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered the Transformer prime from BB and now the Verizon Nexus is pushed back to possibly next week.

Wondering which one I will have in my hands first. Either way it may be a great holiday season with my new toys.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been eyeballin that tablet. I had the TF101 but sold it. I found I was using it for reading 99% of the time so figured I'd be better off using a less expensive ereader. But with the Nexus silliness going on, this one keeps haunting me.

yazoowho

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to getting this tablet. I'm currently going back and forth from PHX/LAX every week for work and looking forward not having to carry a laptop bag all the time.

Also, the Nexus is replacing my T-Bolt. My wife complained that I just got the T-Bolt last spring, but she also knows I like to have the latest/greatest "toys".

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, the Nexus is replacing my T-Bolt. My wife complained that I just got the T-Bolt last spring, but she also knows I like to have the latest/greatest "toys".

Same here. Er, although, I don't have a wife (or girlfriend) to complain. :)

I'm getting the phone, first, just because I don't have enough money to make two big purchases at once, and I use my phone more than I would a tablet, so I'd rather have a fancy new phone to take around with me.

Right now, I have a Kindle Fire, which fulfills my tablet needs, but it turns out I'm not crazy about how restricted it is, and I find myself really wanting a "real" tablet. On the plus side, I believe my Kindle Fire is defective, so I'm going to return it soon and get my $200 back, but it's just a matter of scraping together another $300 to afford the Transformer Prime... I'm kinda thinking about selling my Asus netbook, as it turns out my mobile computing needs can be fulfilled with a tablet, but I'm not sure how much I could get for it, as netbooks are no longer the "in" thing (were they ever?).

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
transformer prime for me I am over the galaxy hype hardware will be outdated in 3 months. I went the Rezound for the sound quality

Yeah, I get the sense that the Galaxy Nexus' primary selling point will be that it is the first Android 4.0 smartphone in the U.S. but that its hardware won't be at the same level as some of the other recently-released smartphones on Verizon (particularly the Motorola Droid RAZR IMO).

To answer the original poster's question, I think you'll get the Transformer Prime first, if you have a confirmed pre-order and it ships on 12/12.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene