Tried installing ICS viper Rom... home screen wont load

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
So tried installing the viper ics rom... and it would stay on the white htc screen... was told it needed to be paired with anthrax kernel... so i reverted back to my latest back up viper rom and was able to us the gui app to install antrax kernel than i went into recovery and istalled the ics viper rom... no go... so now i went back to my restored rom and it loads up to the main screen but cant see any apps... but my lock screen... when i un lock it just cycles loading loading but never loads my screen or apps.. but it shows my status bar and battery and time... help

Reactions: pergerson6

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Try installing the Rom with the stock HTC kernel. I had issues with the anthrax ics kernel as well. I think the stock kernel is far efficient enough.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So tried installing the viper ics rom... and it would stay on the white htc screen... was told it needed to be paired with anthrax kernel... so i reverted back to my latest back up viper rom and was able to us the gui app to install antrax kernel than i went into recovery and istalled the ics viper rom... no go... so now i went back to my restored rom and it loads up to the main screen but cant see any apps... but my lock screen... when i un lock it just cycles loading loading but never loads my screen or apps.. but it shows my status bar and battery and time... help

did you do a full wipe before restoring your backup?

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems. Things went so badly that I RUU'd the phone and rooted again. Please post every step if you successfully flash viperRom.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You need to use superwipe.zip. When you are in recovery wiping, its not completely formatting. Dont push another kernel. Just flash the superwipe.zip and then whatever ics rom you want.

Also I would advised using a recent backup to flash back to whatever rom you were on, then using superwipe, then the ics rom. This is only if the above step didnt work.

Reactions: RaAkhenaton_AC

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Any steps to ruu the phone
Place the phone in bootloader mode.

Connect the phone to your Windows pc, open the Start menu and type RUN.

Type CMD. I use cmd because I'm not very comfortable with adb just yet.

Type fastboot oem lock to relock the device.

Download a copy of the current RUU (2.17) for the Evo 3d (Google search helps).

The RUU is an executable file, so you open it just as you would any Windows program.

Follow the RUU's instructions, and you'll have a freshly unrooted phone.

Afterward, just root your phone again.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: blackmanxp#AC

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost i am in no way an expert. Iv had a lot of problems with the ICS roms as well, the only thing that has fixed it 100% for me is downgrading the bootloader and getting s-off.

It seemed pretty intimidating at first, not gonna lie. but i spent some time reading the threads and going over what needed to be done first. Then i just jumped in. and it was wicked easy, it prob took me about 30-40 mins all said and done. i would suggest doing it as well, i can now flash any ROM that i want with no bootloops or any other issues.

goodluck and keep us posted on your success...

Reactions: RaAkhenaton_AC

beefncheese

May 26, 2012
Visit site
First and foremost i am in no way an expert. Iv had a lot of problems with the ICS roms as well, the only thing that has fixed it 100% for me is downgrading the bootloader and getting s-off.

It seemed pretty intimidating at first, not gonna lie. but i spent some time reading the threads and going over what needed to be done first. Then i just jumped in. and it was wicked easy, it prob took me about 30-40 mins all said and done. i would suggest doing it as well, i can now flash any ROM that i want with no bootloops or any other issues.

goodluck and keep us posted on your success...

Where did you get the instructions do obtain s off? Did u use the wire trick? I'm also having boot loop issues whenever I flash ics roms and I see I'm not alone

tory38

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
no i def had a lot of problems while i was s-on as well, from what i understand its a hit or miss kind of thing...some people it works for and some it doesnt. so that sucks for us. but again its wicked easy to do. I did not use to wire trick, so im not really sure about that, im sure it works or they wouldnt have posted it. but i used the Live CD and again it took me like 40 mins tops, and prob would have been faster but i was going slow, and being cautious.

here is the link for the method i used.

[TOOL] 5/16/12 - HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF. - xda-developers

i would read over it a few times to make sure you really understand whats going on and what you need to do. I hope this helps man! you have to burn the live cd download to a cd, but again all the directions are there.

keep us posted!!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692