Tried to buy a 512 today.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't decide I was gonna buy a Note9 until this past Monday. I was gonna wait to around October to see how the Pixel 3 XL turned out (since I would be upgrading from a OG Pixel XL), but with all the leeks basically showing me the whole phone, I felt ok with going back to the Note line (Had Note2, Note4, Note7).

I figured I would take a chance & try to pick up a 512 on Friday (today). So, I went to the Verizon Showcase store here in Chicago right at opening, thinking that if any store might have a few in stock, they would. I was the first customer in the store. Asked if they had any 512's in stock, and sure enough... they didn't order any 512's. Plenty of 128's.

Not surprised, but it was worth a shot. So I just went ahead & ordered a 512 while I was there. Here's the thing, if you order the Blue, they are backordered until October 12, but if you order the Lavender, they are in stock. Wanted blue, but I went ahead & ordered the Lavender, thinking I'll get it sometime next week.

Few hours later, I got my tracking number, (two day delivery, and, since it's a UPS number, they deliver on Sunday). Gives enough time for my accessories that I bought to show up (Clear case was handed to me by the mail carrier right as I got home).

Seems like Blue is the popular color.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't decide I was gonna buy a Note9 until this past Monday. I was gonna wait to around October to see how the Pixel 3 XL turned out (since I would be upgrading from a OG Pixel XL), but with all the leeks basically showing me the whole phone, I felt ok with going back to the Note line (Had Note2, Note4, Note7).

I figured I would take a chance & try to pick up a 512 on Friday (today). So, I went to the Verizon Showcase store here in Chicago right at opening, thinking that if any store might have a few in stock, they would. I was the first customer in the store. Asked if they had any 512's in stock, and sure enough... they didn't order any 512's. Plenty of 128's.

Not surprised, but it was worth a shot. So I just went ahead & ordered a 512 while I was there. Here's the thing, if you order the Blue, they are backordered until October 12, but if you order the Lavender, they are in stock. Wanted blue, but I went ahead & ordered the Lavender, thinking I'll get it sometime next week.

Few hours later, I got my tracking number, (two day delivery, and, since it's a UPS number, they deliver on Sunday). Gives enough time for my accessories that I bought to show up (Clear case was handed to me by the mail carrier right as I got home).

Seems like Blue is the popular color.
I got a 128 but yes its Blue

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Not saying that man can't get a lavender phone, but I would guess that an overwhelming majority of males will get the blue whereas women will be more evenly split between blue and lavender. You would think that Samsung would have produced more blue than lavender phones but looks like they under estimated the allocation to blue.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

No Verizon store here in Minnesota got 512GB versions in stock in the retail stores. I had to settle for the 128GB version. Meh. I saved $300, at least. *shrug*

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Having a black version available probably would have eased the load on blue units quite a bit. Though, I would still go for the blue personally.

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh, If they would have offered it, I would have bought it in Black in a heartbeat. If I really want to, I guess I can buy a dbrand skin & make it Black. We'll see once I get it in my hands.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I had preordered the 512 and it was set to come the 4th-8th so I decided to go in to Att today to buy the 512 because surely they would have them in stock. Guy said they had them so I went through the process of cancelling my order paying my late bill be cause it was due yesterday and they can't do the big upgrade without it being paid. So all is said and done he goes to get the 512 and after 5 mins. I KNOW something is up. He comes out and is like "I don't wanna be that guy but...." so they had no 512s....matter of fact none of the Att stores in Indianapolis got any 512 and he said they didn't know when any of them would get any and if they did it would only be 2 or 3. So I went to replace my order and it them had a deliver date Sept 20th. I said screw it took the 128 and figured extra cash now goes back to the galaxy watch when it comes out. At least the Forsaken update is coming the 4th. #warlocksmasterace

TurdRon_FergusonBurgundy

Jul 10, 2018
Visit site
Dark purple would be cool.

Part of me loves to get different coloured phones but at the same time I always debate on getting the black models. I have a blue Note 8 and Red iphone 8 Plus. Love them, especially the Product Red iphone but I am also one who normally goes naked and occasionally likes to use different cases - options can be very limited with a non black device.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the UK and my local bricks and mortar Samsung Experience Store had 512Gb units in Black to buy.

I pre ordered mine anyway.

I looked at the Blue with mustard yellow s-pen and I like it however I'm always drawn to the black variant.

I appreciate you guys across the pond do not have Black as a choice.

dbrand type skins are useful to cover a phone or case if you decide your not keen on the colour.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having a black version available probably would have eased the load on blue units quite a bit. Though, I would still go for the blue personally.

THIS is where it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Samsung DOES do some pretty STUPID stuff! The US should have received a Black version as a choice as well!!! Just sayin'!

Grouch.jpg

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had preordered the 512 and it was set to come the 4th-8th so I decided to go in to Att today to buy the 512 because surely they would have them in stock. Guy said they had them so I went through the process of cancelling my order paying my late bill be cause it was due yesterday and they can't do the big upgrade without it being paid. So all is said and done he goes to get the 512 and after 5 mins. I KNOW something is up. He comes out and is like "I don't wanna be that guy but...." so they had no 512s....matter of fact none of the Att stores in Indianapolis got any 512 and he said they didn't know when any of them would get any and if they did it would only be 2 or 3. So I went to replace my order and it them had a deliver date Sept 20th. I said screw it took the 128 and figured extra cash now goes back to the galaxy watch when it comes out. At least the Forsaken update is coming the 4th. #warlocksmasterace

Solstice armor grind is for real #Hunter4life

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It truly sucks having to wait another month to get a Blue in 512gb but guess what sucks even more? Paying $1300+ for a PURPLE device when you are a man. I will Absolutely wait if that's the case.
It looks more pink than purple. I wouldn't mind a purple phone. Plumb Crazy Purple is a popular Mopar color.
OTOH if they actually had lavender 512 in the store in stock I might buy one and slap on an opaque VZW case pronto.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Today the sales rep at my vzw store said they will never get the 512. It is for mail order only. It is a large corporate store too

twmanga1

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
My Lavender 512 came in the mail Tuesday. It's definitely lighter than I thought it would be. I don't really have a problem with it so far (in a clear case). Haven't gotten any weird looks from when I use it in public (Work at a College). Still would have bought Black if it was available & may get a dbrand skin later, but so far, not embarrassed to use it in public.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My Lavender 512 came in the mail Tuesday. It's definitely lighter than I thought it would be. I don't really have a problem with it so far (in a clear case). Haven't gotten any weird looks from when I use it in public (Work at a College). Still would have bought Black if it was available & may get a dbrand skin later, but so far, not embarrassed to use it in public.

Don't be! I'm a former Marine and do not see it as threat to my masculinity- heck, my wife took that years ago anyway ;) .... :( I use a black Samsung silicon case on my Prince Purple unlocked 512. Let's Go Crazy!