Trouble Rooting 2.2.1

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, I've been helping a friend try to get his MyTouch 3G rooted, but I've been running into issues. I've googled the process for 2.2.1, and have tried 3-4 of the top processes and just can't get it. Here are the methods I've tried that have not worked.

SuperOneClick - Freezes on "Waiting on Device"
Ultimate Guide: How to root any myTouch/Magic and install custom recovery/ROM!!! - xda-developers

Z4 - Crashes in android
How To: Load a Custom ROM on Your Android Phone (After Any One Click Root Methods) | TheUnlockr

UniversalAndroot - root fails
[GUIDE] Universal AndRoot - 1-click root (works on MyTouch 3G 1.2) - Page 15 - xda-developers

Factory Reset method - download link is broken for package #2
How-To: Manually update myTouch 3g to Android 2.2.1 Froyo OS

CyanogenMod wiki method - Got "Main Version is older" - read below about goldcard
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Magic_(32B):_Rooting

Here is some more info on the device in question:

SAPPHIRE PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0013 (SAPH30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.28.25
OCt 21 2009,22:33:27

Android 2.2.1

I've done my due diligence I think - I just spent the last 3 hours researching and trying these methods - and now I need the community's help. Thanks in advance for anything people can do to assist! (I'm wondering if it's going to require the goldcard method, which looked a little more intimidating than I wanted to try without hitting a wall with the others).

anon(10090)

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

I really need some help on this. Since this post a couple weeks ago, I've tried the super one click method on 2 of my coworkers phones, which worked like a charm (they were droid 1's), so I know I'm doing it right, but it still locks up on his mytouch 3g.

If anyone could lend a hand it would be much appreciated!

setcos99

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
try superoneclickv1.9.5-shortfuse drivers. You must use the one with driver bilt in superoneclick. do not use 2.2.or 2.3.3 or anything else, and also use shell root.good luck

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao