Question Trying To Install APK Files Transferred From PC

Autolooper

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
I'm attempting to install APK files from a PC.
Copying files and running from the root directory of the Device doesn't seem to install properly. Perhaps something else needs to be done?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This may not be what you want to hear but when downloading APK files for installation on a device it is important for the APK to be compatible with the device it is being attempted to be installed on. This is why it is almost always better to get apps from trusted sources such as the Play Store, Amazon App Store or your device's manufacture's app offerings. These sources usually check the compatibility of the device and the app and do not show or offer apps that may not work on a device for one reason or another. There are a lot of reasons an app might not be compatible. The hardware may not have the performance to handle the app, the software version may be too out of date for the app or the app may be too outdated for the device.

I feel I would be remiss if I also didn't mention that not everyplace is safe. There may be little to no oversight at some of these web app stores meaning that there could be nefarious apps that want to steal your data, your identity and ultimately your money. There is also the chance that it damages the device.

What device do you have?

What app are you attempting to install?

If it is a compatibility issue there is no way to force compatibility.

Reactions: Laura Knotek