Turbo or LG G3?? Help, today is the day!

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm so indecisive about this. I have used a G3 for the last week. Nice phone, fast, very fast camera...and battery life has been pretty good so far, i'm making it a day with more than 2hrs screen time...usually around 2 1/2hrs screen time. I like the SD card and removable battery. That said, battery life on the Tubro seems phenomal. It's made me start to rethink my desicion. I also like the Moto app (i had a moto x 2013) with the twist to camera, always listening, etc. Has anyone used them both? Can you give me a good reason to jump to Turbo??

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have a Turbo. Had the G3. Loved the G3. No one that has used both can argue that the G3 has a vastly superior camera. The screen of the Turbo is better (AMOLED vs. LCD) IMO in just about every setting - ESPECIALLY sunlight. I love the Moto suite, don't need the storage (more than 64gb) and definitely am making it through the day with the battery. I also love the built-in wireless charging and included Turbo charge (just the idea of it....the Turbo honestly doesn't need it - and I leave EVERYTHING on (BT, WiFi, GPS, etc)). So much to the Turbo to like. Still, as a father of three, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the camera on the G3 is still a head turner. The pictures I made with it are AMAZING.....but I haven't gone back.

I never dropped the G3 but I've dropped the Turbo *twice* from about 4 feet to a tile floor. Not a scratch. I guess throw that into the '+' column too.

A perfect phone for me would be a little smaller, all the features of the Moto Suite with the addition of the G3's camera. I really prefer HD over QHD while I'm wishing :)

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
would you like to have 5-6 hrs of screen time? if yes, take the turbo.

I use the twist to camera, very useful. Howerver the picture quality isn't as good as m LG G2 which mean it's probably worse than the G3's camera.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Turbo for touchless features. G3 for everything else except I hate that crappy volume button

Posted via the Android Central App

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I used my brother's G3 and to put it simply, the G3 has a better camera app since the Turbo is pretty slow. However, still shots look to be pretty similar, sometimes my Turbo comes out better than his and vice versa. The battery life on the Turbo is sick though. Definitely outlast my brother every day. If you charge every night, the G3 is great. If you don't, go for the Turbo. I tend to forgot to charge my phone when I come home a lot of times and it's been great to me. I routinely burn through a couple gigs of mobile data and 3 or so hours of screen time a day with 50 percent charge left.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
G3: Camera, Expandable memory, form factor, removable battery, volume rocker and power on back ( I loved this), more customizable UI

Turbo: Battery life, UI fluidity (second to none), build (BN is truly premium), OS should update much quicker, free one-time screen replacement, better processor, better GPU, moto voice/assist

I'd go with the turbo, having owned both the Turbo simply out performs the G3. Its UI is almost stock and it shows. Also you can combat the customization issue with the Turbo with Nova Prime which runs flawlessly on the Turbo. Its internals are a bit more future proof

jpstephens225

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help! I boxed up the G3 and will be picking up the Turbo this afternoon! I'm a fan of stock android, that with the battery helped push ahead of the great camera on the G3. Just wish I understood why Moto can't seem to do a decent camera...or at least speed up that shutter speed. Thanks for the comments!!

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've averaged six hours a day of sot. Its just a huge battery. I never had any issues with the camera cuz its so much better than the droid DNAs. Last night I wireless charged, the day before was no charge at all. I went 40 hours unplugged. Still had 27% left.

DRoID TuRBo this...