Turn Galaxy S3 Into Simple MP3 Player For Kids

bkrosco

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
My son loves listening to audio books. His $15 Walmart mp3 player is having issues. So, I thought I would re-purpose my old S3 for this as it was not doing anything. So, I want something simple for him to operate. I also don't want him accessing the internet, playing games all the time etc.

So, two parts to the question:
1) What MP3 player app should I install? Simple intuitive interface, etc.

2) What app to lock it down so it can't access other areas, use wireless, internet, etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My son loves listening to audio books. His $15 Walmart mp3 player is having issues. So, I thought I would re-purpose my old S3 for this as it was not doing anything. So, I want something simple for him to operate. I also don't want him accessing the internet, playing games all the time etc.

So, two parts to the question:
1) What MP3 player app should I install? Simple intuitive interface, etc.

2) What app to lock it down so it can't access other areas, use wireless, internet, etc.

+1 on Johnlys suggestion of app lock. You cab use it to lock out any browsers, Play store, and Settings.

As for a player, I like PowerAmp. It is a paid app, $5 but the first week or two is a free trial. I like it because it played .mp3 files that even the stock player had a hard time with.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app