Turn off Barnes and Noble auto-updates?

nuness1988

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey android community,
Just about to get started with rooting a nook color I bought on Monday. For some reason, I can't get the official B&N 1.1 update to install on my 1.0.1 nook color (even though I follow all of the instructions there). So I'm a little worried that if I root my NC with the auto-rooter for 1.0.1, the nook color might still try and update to the B&N 1.1 update even after it's been rooted.

I've read posts that say the B&N update can mess up a rooted nook and I'd like to know if I can turn off the auto-update feature after the nook color is rooted or if I even need to worry about that.

Thanks.

nuness1988

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm still a little confused. So after I root the nook color using the 1.0.1 auto rooter, the nook color can still try and update itself using a Barnes and Noble update? What happens if I turn off the auto update feature and the nook color still updates?

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm still a little confused. So after I root the nook color using the 1.0.1 auto rooter, the nook color can still try and update itself using a Barnes and Noble update? What happens if I turn off the auto update feature and the nook color still updates?

it shouldnt update so there will be no issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadistic66