Turning off Developer options?

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I know how you can turn on Developer options on Android 5 and 6, but is there a way to made it go away? I'm not talking about turning it off, I mean straight up removing it from the settings list like it was never there.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That will depend on your phone. In some models you can disable the developer options clearing data for the settings app (removing any personal change that you did in your settings). In others phones only a factory reset will do the trick. Either way it's a big price, I think.

Sean Legend

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
That will depend on your phone. In some models you can disable the developer options clearing data for the settings app (removing any personal change that you did in your settings). In others phones only a factory reset will do the trick. Either way it's a big price, I think.

It's an s7 edge, but if it's too risky then I won't try to get rid of it. Thank you.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's an s7 edge, but if it's too risky then I won't try to get rid of it. Thank you.
I think clearing data for the settings app should be enough in your phone, but not sure. I'll move your thread to the S7 edge forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais