turning old evo 4g into media device.

joeyp2003

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded a while back to Galaxy s3, have the old evo sitting around. Would love to be able to root it (getting the most out of it) and use it to just play movies to my TV via HDMI. Is this even worth it, it just seems easier than connecting my computer to the tv to play saved movies every time when I can have a small(er) device to do it.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would you hook your comp to your tv for movies? You don't have Xbox or PS3? Xbox can stream over WiFi with Media Player on the comp, it's a native Xbox feature... Also I just use a flash drive, transfer 4 or 5 movies on it, put it in the Xbox and watch em that way...works on PS3 also...

joeyp2003

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why would you hook your comp to your tv for movies? You don't have Xbox or PS3? Xbox can stream over WiFi with Media Player on the comp, it's a native Xbox feature... Also I just use a flash drive, transfer 4 or 5 movies on it, put it in the Xbox and watch em that way...works on PS3 also...

I've got an xbox on one computer that does that, the other tv has the netflix app on it as well. Its mainly so this old device isn't sitting around at home, to take to friends houses or whatever and play on their tvs that don't have gaming systems or outputs other than hdmi to bring movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084