Two irritations in Lollipop

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to either unlock my Nexus or start WiFi with a single page change.
Now it takes two.

Hit the power button with the device sleeping and what used to appear was the login screen. Now what shows up is notifications (of which I have none). Then you swipe again to get the login screen.

I used to be able to swipe from the top and be able to turn on WiFi. No longer, now it is swipe from top, swipe from top again, turn on WiFi.

Sort of like two steps back, one step forward. Am I missing something, or did they add another layer all around?

Steve

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When I press the power button on my Nexus, I swipe down from the top and it reveals all the quick toggles, including wifi. You saying yours isnt doing this?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I used to be able to either unlock my Nexus or start WiFi with a single page change.
Now it takes two.

Hit the power button with the device sleeping and what used to appear was the login screen. Now what shows up is notifications (of which I have none). Then you swipe again to get the login screen.

I used to be able to swipe from the top and be able to turn on WiFi. No longer, now it is swipe from top, swipe from top again, turn on WiFi.

Sort of like two steps back, one step forward. Am I missing something, or did they add another layer all around?

Steve

Yes it seems a lot less efficient on many areas. I played around with a nexus 9 for 10 minutes on best buy and quickly decide no lollipop for me on my n7 I am going to be stubborn and wait it out while (maybe a long while) before updating. On top of that I don't want to mess with a good thing.

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, I didn't know about that (yes, mine does it now that I know). It still doesn't help as far as I can see--you can turn on WiFi, but your tablet is still locked.

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That looks pretty reasonable for turning wifi on and off. Thanks!
These are my only complaints about Lollipop, otherwise it works fine (2013/32G).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I also like using Power Toggles. I created a notification toggle bar, so that shows up on the lockscreen. I don't have to swipe down at all to get to the toggles--they're right there as a notification.

Laransoft

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Can I add a third irritation?

in my sgs2 with android 4.0.3 I used to swipe from the top and be able to turn down the volume and activate vibration with a single tap, and to deactivate vibration with another tap.

in my Nexus 9 with Lollipop, instead, I have to press the Volume down button to make a little dialog appear, and from there another two taps or a slide to turn down the volume. Still, I don't know how to achieve this functionality: turn down the volume for all things except the alarms and activate vibration.

This seems to me another step back...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semskie