Two Moto X versions---one has improved camera and screen?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mods please feel free to merge into another thread if that is your preference.

Review: Moto X is the phone Android needs right now [Updated] | Reviews | Geek.com

This review had an interesting update:

Update 8/22/13: We?ve edited this review to reflect significant changes found in the Moto Maker version of the Moto X. It is our belief that our initial review was based on pre-production hardware, and while we are currently waiting for a response from Motorola regarding the differences in the two Moto X phones we?ve tested, we wanted to update our thoughts on this device. The changes primarily took form in an improved display and camera as well as slightly improved hardware on the second Moto X we received (the Moto Maker version)

If this is true, that could be very encouraging. Or perhaps just a strange variation between two supposedly identical phones.

Some other things in this review:

*best camera quality is with HDR off
* with HDR auto it takes longer to focus
*sometimes best photos are taken from taking a photo while video is recording (I've seen that comment elsewhere)

Is it possible that the early review units had some issues that were corrected by software or firmware. I don't know.
Anyway, I found this to be interesting if nothing else.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mods please feel free to merge into another thread if that is your preference.

Review: Moto X is the phone Android needs right now [Updated] | Reviews | Geek.com

This review had an interesting update:

Update 8/22/13: We?ve edited this review to reflect significant changes found in the Moto Maker version of the Moto X. It is our belief that our initial review was based on pre-production hardware, and while we are currently waiting for a response from Motorola regarding the differences in the two Moto X phones we?ve tested, we wanted to update our thoughts on this device. The changes primarily took form in an improved display and camera as well as slightly improved hardware on the second Moto X we received (the Moto Maker version)

If this is true, that could be very encouraging. Or perhaps just a strange variation between two supposedly identical phones.

Some other things in this review:

*best camera quality is with HDR off
* with HDR auto it takes longer to focus
*sometimes best photos are taken from taking a photo while video is recording (I've seen that comment elsewhere)

Anyway, I found this to be interesting if nothing else.

Moto always said when giving out units on august 1st these are review/demo units with not completely final sw, final production phones will have better build quality and final sw with all the tuning

Posted via Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I had not seen that. I had noticed that people who have gotten the X or Maxx retail, their comments about the camera and screen have been more encouraging than the early pre-release reviews of the X.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if they will be better or not, but I can certainly hope. It would likely hold true for the Droid iterations as well.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If true it would be in Motorola's best interest to confirm. Pretty much every review has complained about the camera.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i'm wondering if this will apply to verizon and the stock black/white ones that are available thursday vs waiting for the moto maker. that will definitely sway my decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tHe_m0n5t3r