Two nearby Google Homes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In my house, I have a large open living room / kitchen area, separated by a counter. I currently put my Google Home on that counter and we use the Google Home for both rooms. I am getting a Lenovo Google Display for Christmas, and I want to make it my kitchen's Google Home device. I am then planning on moving my Google Home to the far end of the living room where it will serve more for the living room. As usual, my wife thinks I'm ridiculous for this and thinks it's overkill, but we're often yelling across the room at Google and it can't always pick up what we say because of this, so I'm hoping it'll improve the accuracy since we'll be closer.

My concern is they will be fairly close together still, and it's likely they will both pickup commands a lot. Will this confuse them or cause any problems? I also have several Google Mini devices scattered around the house, so I really don't have any other places for the Home. Though I may swap it with one of the Minis and put one of the Minis in the living room.

What would you suggest I do? :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd want to say it won't, but I'd be lying. Chances are (if they both can hear you and depending on how the voice bounces off the walls) you will get it mixed up every now and then. I have one in my kitchen and one in my living room, and while the living room is closer when I walk into my house, sometimes the one that answers back when I say 'I'm home' or 'I'm leaving' is the Kitchen one. Kinda frustrating at times, but it is what it is.

If you currently have to YELL at the one in the kitchen then it might be OK with only those instances when you're in-between rooms probably getting it mixed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d