two quick questions from a new droid owner

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just got my evo today and the sprint rep activated it in the store and synced my contacts from gmail itself. I did download the google sync app to my torch, but now can someone tell me the easiest way to transfer the rest of my contacts from my bb itself? I keep seeing threads that say use gsync but now not sure what to do.

Also, how do I turn off the password lock?

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Can BB's send contacts as Vcards???

If they can try converting your contacts list to a Vcard and email it to yourself. Then just load that Vcard into your gmail account.

Quick question....why couldn't you just sync all of your contacts with gmail??? Or do BB's store contacts in 2 different areas??? Never had one so I'm just a little curious.

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Im not really sure why I cant sync into gmail, I dont know where to look for that option. I saw a thread that said I should have did the google sync before activating the droid, but the sprint rep did the activation for me at the store.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
If your Torch is no longer active you are probably screwed because you won't be able to use Gsync to sync your contacts with Gmail. UNLESS and this is just a guess in the dark, if the Torch has WIFI, turn on the wifi and run Gsync to sync your contacts.

When I was ready to transfer from my 8530 Curve I made sure that I used Gsync to sync all my contacts to Gmail. I went into Gmail and verified everything was there.

If the Torch doesn't have wifi, you might go back to the sprint store and pitch a fit that they didn't pull your contacts off your phone. Those idiots should have asked you if you'd synced before they deactivated your Torch.

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
no i didnt turn off my att service yet. Im waiting 30 days to be sure the evo is the best device for me. I just found an option on the droid to sync within google, so I'm running that now to see if all the contacts come over. As far as the calendar, does anyone know how I to sync the bb calendar over as well?

DulceSugar

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
well i mean the calendar items under my bb account and i have a work email acct with calendar items as well. Do I have to manually add them all?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao