TYLT VU Wireless Qi Charger option for Nexus 4

Christian Jacob

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was perusing through my various Android news and came across this product announced at CES. Apparently its a wireless Qi compatible charger with multiple charging coils so there is less chance of your Nexus 4 not charging if not properly aligned which seems to be the problem with other wireless chargers. No word on price but hopefully its reasonable because I might just get this since no one knows if that charging orb thing will ever come out. :confused:

BUILT TO TYLT

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I came here to create a thread for this Qi charger and then saw your post! damn you!!!!

I wanted a kick stand and a wireless charger at my work desk. this will server both my purpose.

hope there is a ON/OFF switch on the unit.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a kick stand and a wireless charger at my work desk. this will server both my purpose.

hope there is a ON/OFF switch on the unit.

Yes! Me too! I've been waiting around for the damn orb for too long! I will buy this one and be very happy. I just want to be able to monitor my phone when at my work desk. Now, just have to pick which color looks best with the N4..... :D

jbmmobile

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I sent a tweet to TYLT about the Vu and they responded that it will be available in April for 69.99. A little on the pricey side, but it sure is good looking.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I sent a tweet to TYLT about the Vu and they responded that it will be available in April for 69.99. A little on the pricey side, but it sure is good looking.

Thanks for the info! And, yes, that it rather pricey. :eek:

I wonder how much the Orb will retail for when, if ever, it's released...

Sent from my Nexus 4

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Even though it is pricey and doesn't ship till April I sprung for one. It looks real nice and it sits at an angle, which I wanted. I got the over night shipping and it didn't cost me any more than standard shipping. Hopefully it will work as advertised.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Ordered. Off pictures alone, I prefer it to the mythical orb, and I imagine the prices will be competitive. Color me excited, especially considering I'll forget about the thing until it shows up on my doorstep.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The Orb Wireless charger doesn't appeal to me, you can't just place it on it easily, I prefer this design or something like the Nokia Wireless Charger! Plus the Nexus one hasn't even got a launch date yet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean about that you "can't place [the phone] on [the orb] easily" The orb holds onto the phone with magnets, so in many ways it's actually a preferable design. Palm did it with the touchstone for the Pre and it was fantastic. didn't have to look when I was putting it down, the magnets just grabbed it, portrait or landscape.

That being said I've pre-ordered two of the tylts because I'm not convinced the mythical orb unicorn will ever see the light of day. if I can buy the orb before the tylt is released I'll probably cancel the preorder and get the unicorn orb.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Have those of you with pre-orders gotten any updates? I was thinking about pre-ordering but as far as I can tell you can't anymore. They also appear to have removed the 4/1 release date.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech