Typical day with my S3 GT-I9300

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I have got the S3-i9300 now for about a month and have a lot of strange issues. I just wanted to ask, if these issues are normal (hey, maybe it's not a but, it's a feature ;) )

My phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 32GB
Mobile Provider is A1 (Austria)
Except for a few tools and games from PlayStore (Avira-Antivirus, News Readers, etc.), there is nothing fancy installed.
I am using the stock "Email" app, stock Twitter app, stock Google+ app, stock browser, stock message app etc ... so nothing fancy here as well
It is not rooted or anything (it is my work phone so I am mostly not allowed to do "ugly things" to it anyway.

Typical day like yesterday:
Stand up in the morning. The phone was connected to power over night. I realize that it makes "beep" sometimes (like "battery full" signal). Strange.
While I am at home, the phone is connected to my wifi there (as are other devices).
I disconnect the phone from power when leaving the house. Most of the times I reboot it, to be sure, no app or so got stuck over night.
In my car, the phone is connected to "Blue&Me" freehands car entertainment system (as were my iPhones and the Pre+ and Pre3 in the months and years before).
Sadly very often, the Samsung does either not connect or disconnects when I try to call someone. Sometimes the phone hangs so bad, that I can't even make a call normally (=manually, without the freehands system), before I reboot it. Yesterday was such a day.
At work, when I opened my Outlook there, I realized, that my Samsung didn't download my "push"-Accounts (1 Exchange, 3 POP) properly. After another reboot, the mails are downloaded.
Just before noon, my girlfriend called and asked, why I don't react to the SMS she sent.
The SMS did not arrive, sadly, but does so after another reboot. I call her back and tell her. After a 12 and a halve minute talk, we are disconnected. I cannot call out before I reboot again. My pulse and blood pressure rise slowly.
During a break in the afternoon I go through facebook, twitter and co. As most of the times facebook does either not display pictures or even misses out whole postings (or both) and as 90% of the time I can neither set my status nor share something there. I therefore mostly look up facebook on my HP Touchpad.
Twitter works nicely, google+ does as well, mostly.
On the way back from work and on the evening I had to reboot the phone at least two more times to be able to make calls etc.
One other problem is, that the stock Email app frequently loads older mails as "new", which I had marked "read" or even deleted before.

All in all, very annoying. I like the screen and the speed of the phone. I tried a few things, i.e. setting it into energy saving mode and back but nothing changed the behaviour. It never fell down and is a very new device.

I thought maybe it might be damaged, but I know a few other Samsung smartphone users (not S3 though) who have their problems with their phones (some similar, some different), so I am not sure, if that behaviour is normal for that phone in that configuration.

So I turned to you, people, and ask: normal? Not normal? Bug? Feature?
Any remedies?

TIA for any posts and sorry for the long rant, but the problems are not too few ;)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It probably wouldn't hurt to do a factory reset, found in Settings/Back Up and Reset. Save your app data with Titanium Backup first.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sadly all i can suggest is reset like above.
atleast you dont have it all fancy n customised so it should be painless.
keep us informed bro eh.
good luck :beer:

ps app DATA wont be backed up on a non rooted phone but when you boot it after a reset, it should download all the apps u had in thier raw state if youre on wifi ;)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

ps app DATA wont be backed up on a non rooted phone but when you boot it after a reset, it should download all the apps u had in thier raw state if youre on wifi ;)

Thx for the warning, I read a lot about that lately, and therefore knew about that little problem.
Titanium seems to do exactly that: root the phone and backup everything.
Problem: this is a mobile from work. I don't think they look too kindly at me rooting the thing ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOJOdokr