Unable to connect texts and phone calls to contacts

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

A week ago my beloved Nexus 5x died (the endless Google bootloop). I got a new Xiaomi Mi A2 AndroidOne phone running Android 8.1.0. So far it's working OK except that I can't connect text messages or phone calls to my Contacts (I'm using DejaOffice as my contacts manager). I was able to do this fine on my old Nexus 5x. I go thru all the steps to add the text message to a contact or create a new contact. Neither work. I'm using Textra for texts and the default Phone app for phone calls. Anyone ever encountered this problem? Permissions for the phone app and Textra are all turned on. How to fix? Thanks,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A week ago my beloved Nexus 5x died (the endless Google bootloop).
If you still have it, have you tried to reflash the ROM? If you have, have you tried the Deuces method (from XDA)? Basically you unzip the zip file that's in the zip file, then you reboot the bootloader between files. (That's saved a lot of phones - a few of mine included.)

I got a new Xiaomi Mi A2 AndroidOne phone running Android 8.1.0. So far it's working OK except that I can't connect text messages or phone calls to my Contacts (I'm using DejaOffice as my contacts manager). I was able to do this fine on my old Nexus 5x. I go thru all the steps to add the text message to a contact or create a new contact. Neither work. I'm using Textra for texts and the default Phone app for phone calls. Anyone ever encountered this problem? Permissions for the phone app and Textra are all turned on. How to fix? Thanks,
I've never encountered it, but exactly what's the problem - you can't make a call from Contacts? Or send a text from Contacts? Have you tried the stock Contacts app?

Advaitom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I can make calls and send texts fine. The problem is when I get a text or a call, I can't connect them to a contact. I go thru all the standard "add sender or add caller to contacts" steps but the connection is never made. All I see is the phone number and not the name of the contact. Any way to fix this? On my old Nexus 5x I was able to connect calls and texts to contacts very easy going thru the standard steps. Any reason this would not work on my new phone? Thanks,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hbjhvbvhgv hgm