Unable to connect to any WiFi - Authentication error

zaffresky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
My S3 I9305 LTE version has suddenly stopped connecting to any wifi and always gives "Authentication Error". I have tried it on multiple access points. Even entered the passwords again multiple times but no luck.

Has anybody experienced such problem? ( I searched the forum but mostly people had problem with a particular access point but mine doesn't like any access point.) Anyway to diagnose if its a hardware or software related problem?

The last solution I could think of at the moment is a full reset. But would appreciate if someone could suggest other remedy.

zaffresky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. After clearing the cache partition, it connected to an access point. I browsed and watched videos on you tube. When I tried to connect it to test it on another AP, the problem returned. Now gives authentication error for every AP (even for the one which worked at first).

My phone's date is correct as it is set to auto update from the network. Still to double check, I set it to manual but no effect.

Since it worked once after wiping the cache, I suspect its a software problem. Any other way to find out for sure?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the problem is. Are all of these access points you're trying within the same wi-fi network, or are they from different networks?

zaffresky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
The APs I tried are from different networks and even different locations. I was mostly using the mobile data network during the last month so I don't know when exactly the problem started. I also dropped my phone once or twice during this time but no physical damage is apparent and rest of the phone features work perfectly. So the possible reasons I could think of are either some internal damage due to dropping or software problem.

Also I would like to mention that a few days back I was grappling with the same problem and succeeded in making it work. I switched between the mobile network and WiFi and it worked but only for once. As soon as I disconnected it, Authentication problem appeared again.

As a last resort, I would just factory reset it and see if it resolves the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia