Unable to disable app notification on 6.0.1

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 running 6.0.1
Under Settings/Applications/Application Manager/All Apps/email/notifications
there is no option to disable notifications. I have the toggles for priority, preview in pop ups, hide on lock and hide sensitive but the Allow notifications section is not displayed.

Additionally, hoping someone can help me turn off the blanket "vibrate on every...single...danged...notification" setting. I know I set it somewhere, but I can't find it now and the constant jolting buzz is driving me NUTS!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, were you able to find a resolution to any of your problems? let us know and we can help further.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In general, it's better to look in the app's own settings menu. Open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account in question, and look for the notification options there.

To turn off the general vibration with notifications, try turning off the "Vibrate with Ring" option in Settings>Sound & Notifications, if present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy