Unable to get whatsapp messages transferred to new galaxy s4, (TWO PHONES)

mtsaz100

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just got my lady and me new galaxy s4 and we went to move the sim/sd card to the s4 we made sure we backed up the whatsapp messages first. ONce the new phone is up and photos/contacts etc transferred, we installed whatsapp, verified #, restored messages, but no messages. The contacts are all there, the messages are not. We moved the sd/sim to old phones, deleted whatsapp, reinstall/verify#/restore, and VOILA---messages all there. I have tried this numerous times same results. Also, how can I get around the problem where whatsapp makes me wait anywhere from 30 min to 24 hours to re-verify phone number after I have done it once or twice? I contacted whatsapp and they basically told me to do what I have done, offering no assistance. I dont want to lose the messages, but also want to use my new phones. Any ideas? Thanks!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just got my lady and me new galaxy s4 and we went to move the sim/sd card to the s4 we made sure we backed up the whatsapp messages first. ONce the new phone is up and photos/contacts etc transferred, we installed whatsapp, verified #, restored messages, but no messages. The contacts are all there, the messages are not. We moved the sd/sim to old phones, deleted whatsapp, reinstall/verify#/restore, and VOILA---messages all there. I have tried this numerous times same results. Also, how can I get around the problem where whatsapp makes me wait anywhere from 30 min to 24 hours to re-verify phone number after I have done it once or twice? I contacted whatsapp and they basically told me to do what I have done, offering no assistance. I dont want to lose the messages, but also want to use my new phones. Any ideas? Thanks!

Contact WHATSAPP!

mtsaz100

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually I did that first, and I got the standard form letter response, "backup, delete, install, verify #, restore" I was hoping someone could help me beyond the standard response from whatsapp or telling me to "contact WHATSAPP"

My questions are: is anyone aware of issues w s4, and has anyone experienced this before, and what if anything did you do.

Obviously whatsapp doesn't know or isn't saying because for a week we have gone back and forth with me asking and reasking, and them resending the same answer they did day 1.

mtsaz100

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
the messages and contacts are there, I can go into the sd card with file manager and see the file, my question is why doesn't whatsapp see the file on restore. I'm wondering if its looking on the phone (not sd card) or in a different folder /or file extension. Its there--its just not getting read. Anyone? If whatsapp could help, believe me, I wouldn't be here. I can post what they sent to me, which is very basic info and they say "if you lose your messages we cannot restore them for you". WHich means---i probably lost them==even though they are there.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
the messages and contacts are there, I can go into the sd card with file manager and see the file, my question is why doesn't whatsapp see the file on restore. I'm wondering if its looking on the phone (not sd card) or in a different folder /or file extension. Its there--its just not getting read. Anyone? If whatsapp could help, believe me, I wouldn't be here. I can post what they sent to me, which is very basic info and they say "if you lose your messages we cannot restore them for you". WHich means---i probably lost them==even though they are there.

If you are running 4.4.2 the micro SD is virtually useless.

Posted via Android Central App