Unable to make in app purchases in games (but probably apps too)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In some cases, I am unable to make purchases in games. In D4DJ Groovy Mix, it locks me out of the shop entirely just freezing when I press the button. In Brawl Stars, it says I need to enable IAPs, yet I can't find where the setting to do that would be, and have never turned it off. In Zombie Tsunami it says I'm not connected to Google Play, so can't even though I am. However, in Clawee and in Brawl Stars when it wants to work, it does. I'm not sure what the issue is at all, and I can't find anything online similar to mine, and the official support page says nothing. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

SkyPosts

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Did it come with Google Play services preinstalled, or did you have to install it yourself?

Is your phone supervised by anyone, like parents?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

It's a samsung A20e, it came with google services, and I'm 20 so it's not managed by my parent.

SkyPosts

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
I already tried turning it off, but it doesn't work, and probably isn't even remotely related to it; that's what a lot of answers are. The problem is I can't access in app purchases, I can authenticate them just fine when they decide to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You already mentioned that you're not using a VPN, but does this also happen if you're on wi-fi outside of home (like at work or school)? The IT admins there might block certain servers (typically related to gaming, among other things). For example, I've noticed that I can't play Asphalt 9 if I'm at my workplace because it can't connect.

SkyPosts

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
I think I might've figured something out. I set up another google play account and it confused all my other apps, and that's why it said Zombie Tsunami wasn't connected. Is google play services for ar required for anything? Or the google accessibility thing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then that's the next step, to see if they're aware of this issue. Go to the Play Store page for each of those apps and scroll down to the contact information for the developer to find the email address.