Unable to record on my LG V20

A

AC Question

I am unable to record on my LG V20. It takes pics just fine, but when I try to switch to recording, it'll make a ding noise then switch back to the camera. If I try it again after that, it will close the app. Any idea how to fix this without having to factory reset?

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Yes. When I try to switch to video recording (in Auto Mode), it will beep and then say cannot save. Then when I do it again the camera app will close. Similar issue happens when I switch to manual mode as well.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Nevermind, I figured out the issue. For some reason it won't save to my SD card. Switched the save location back ot my internal storage and tat resolved the issue.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps your SD card is too slow? SD cards come in different write speeds, and video (especially in HD and above) may need a write speed higher than what your card can handle.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I don't think that is it, I was able to take pics and everything a few days prior with the highest settings. Also found out I couldn't take regular pics either btw. Said it couldn't be saved as well when I tried. I'll just try reformatting the SD card and see where that gets me.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for the late response, but it did not work because I can't even format the SD card so the issue is def with the SD card. I was checking around and it said something about there is partitioned space on the SD card preventing it from being formated.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the late response, but it did not work because I can't even format the SD card so the issue is def with the SD card. I was checking around and it said something about there is partitioned space on the SD card preventing it from being formated.
Very strange. Have you tried formatting from the phone or a computer?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer