Unable to save to SD card? Photos?

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
All of a sudden my phone is saying the location has been changed..... Can't save photos to SD card... Changed to device.... Why? How do I change?

Posted via Android Central App

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Open the camera app. Then choose settings (the little gear). Then schroll up through options and choose storage location. Then choose memory card.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Open the camera app. Then choose settings (the little gear). Then schroll up through options and choose storage location. Then choose memory card.

I did.... And it worked for a day then started giving me the message again. It switches to device. I switch it back. Take a pic and it's on the device storage. What can I do?

Posted via Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well this is sad.....there's some photos I'll never be able to transfer properly....I mean...yeah I uploaded some to facebook and stuff but still....

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
You may want to sign up for a free online account through Dropbox or SkyDrive as a temporary solution. Install one of those apps and they will automatically upload any photos you take.

As for your current problem, have you checked to make sure the SD card isn't acting up? Run it through a disk scan using a computer? I haven't had any issues with my S5 not wanting to store photos on the SD card when using the Samsung Camera app. Have you tried using Google's Camera app just to see if it has the same problems?

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I have read of some user that was using some type of sdcard that initially was working good but that after filling a little it started doing strange things, just try another sdcard

codeb1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The very same thing happened to me when using the S4 and I kept on persevering with it until one day at a christening with masses of photos taken that did go to sd card it just gave up completely and wiped everything from my card. I would advise transfer all you have on it now to another one or your pc and don't risk the chance of it happening to you. It's heartbreaking when you lose all your photo memories

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DONALD