Unable to unlock my Samsung S6 Edge, what are my options?

ViiKAS

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Unable to unlock my Samsung S6 edge

The display screen of my Samsung S6 device went blank one of sudden and it started flickering from the top. I want to take a backup of my data however its pin locked. Cant do anything ... any suggestion guys?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unable to unlock my Samsung S6 edge

Does it still have touch input? (If you touch anything on the screen, do you feel anything vibrate or any indication the touch input is being recognized?) If so, you can connect your phone to a TV via MHL cable, or if you already installed it and selected automatic connection (if you didn't you won't be able to as you need the app to run first) you can connect your phone to your computer via USB and use SideSync to display the phone on your PC (this would also work if your screen doesn't have touch input as you'd be able to use your mouse/keyboard for phone input).

ViiKAS

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

S6EDGE doesnt supports mhl. Touch is working fine i am able to answer calls. S

Posted via the Android Central App

ViiKAS

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

S6EDGE doesnt supports mhl. Touch is working fine i am able to answer calls. S

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Damn, forgot about that... In that case your only options are SideSync (like I said, will only work if already installed and set up to automatically connect to your computer...try it!), getting a new display or asking an authorized repair center if they have their repair stations; I believe those let you connect debugging displays fairly easily.

ViiKAS

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

Well device is under warranty lets see how it goes once i visit at samsung service center

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you let them know 10 times you want to back up your data before they do anything. They have a nasty habit of factory resetting first, asking questions later (and since it's in their fine print, you can't do much about it either).