Unable to use voicemail

jarcar

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and have a question.

When I call voicemail *86, it connects and the screen goes black. It asks for my pass code, but I can't get the screen to light up in order to enter the numbers. Sooooo frustrating. I press the trackball, but nothing happens. The only way out is when the system or other party hangs up.

Am I missing something? I have to get my messages from my land line at home.:(

Thanks for any help.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Is the light sensor covered up? It has to recognize light in order for your screen to light up. Otherwise, have you changed any settings in the phone?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, regarding the display not coming up.... I don't have many ideas. But, a decent way to get around this is to program a number into your contacts to cal voice mail, pause, then dial password. I believe a comma is a pause.

so create a new contact with the number to dial "*86,,, 1234" of course, 1234 is where you put your pin.

at least that's a work around until you determine why the keypad won't come up.

Emilluminati

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, regarding the display not coming up.... I don't have many ideas. But, a decent way to get around this is to program a number into your contacts to cal voice mail, pause, then dial password. I believe a comma is a pause.

so create a new contact with the number to dial "*86,,, 1234" of course, 1234 is where you put your pin.

at least that's a work around until you determine why the keypad won't come up.

Exactly. Or your phone may have the option to use a P for a pause. You may have to mess with how many commas or P's you need between the *86 and PIN...I am not sure if all phones are the same but my old RAZR it was 2.5 second pause for each P that I inserted...I do believe.

jarcar

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much. It must be the light sensor because when I took the hard case off, it works fine. Now if I can just figure out where the light sensor is..............