Uninstall .exe on android??

f4plt

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
inadvertently downloaded (twice) DvrWebClient.exe; pretty sure it's not a virus, just a Windows app that won't work on my Moto Turbo Droid. It's unresponsive to any input, just taking up memory space. Because it's not a recognized app, I can't find a way to remove it.

Any help appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it's an .exe file, then use any file manager app to delete it. It shouldn't be showing up as an app. Do you know which directory it was downloaded to?

f4plt

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
It currently resides under Chrome>downloads. Can you suggest a "file manager" that might work for this. I don't know of any that are installed on this phone at present.
Thanks

f4plt

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
I should clarify, it's NOT showing up as an app --- just as an unwanted "download". I did add an ASUS file manager, but it just asks how I'd like to open the .exe; there is no option to delete or uninstall. I'm still stuck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually, if you're in a file manager app and you long-press a file, that's when you'll see the Delete option. (If you just tap the file briefly instead of a long-press, it will try to open.)