Unlimited data plan will be forced to switch to tied plan due to 200gb data usage?

Shaodong Lin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Is it just rumor or the truth?

Anyone has been forced to disconnect already?

Any email from verizon?

Is 200gb the real limited?

Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is real. They don't want people to have unlimited anymore so I believe that bar will slowly keep getting lower and lower.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah. I'm nobody special, but the data is the reason I've kept paying Verizon.
Likewise for me with T-Mobile. Only difference is they keep pushing unlimited lol. They hate me on my grandfathered plan though.. I pay next to nothing and definitely get my share on calls, text, and data every month :).

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well this sucks. I have 1 UDP i use for home Internet and is about 100gb a month. It's the only ISP I get around here besides satellite.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One condition is out of contract though, correct?

Yeah i would guess that they would get anyone on Contract ride out the contract but given that they ended contracts... The longest you have is two years.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why did VZW send disconnect letters to so many UDP customers who never went over 100gb per month

They're using a really big hammer this time around. Did you receive a letter? Have you asked them about why you got the letter?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why did VZW send disconnect letters to so many UDP customers who never went over 100gb per month

They're using a really big hammer this time around. Did you receive a letter? Have you asked them about why you got the letter?

I didn't get the letter. My UDP line was just renewed for another 2 years back in November. (contract end date now shows November 2018)

Honestly, I don't mind if Verizon sets a "limit" on the "unlimited" data plan. But they seem to be sending letters to people who don't come close to the 100gb or 200gb limits that they announced.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why did VZW send disconnect letters to so many UDP customers who never went over 100gb per month? :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/co...ered_unlimited_data_plans_are_being/?sort=new

Should I be worried?

No one knows for sure but Verizon. They say 200 GB but I wouldn't trust anything they say simply because they do not want people to have unlimited data at all on their network anymore.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

No one knows for sure but Verizon. They say 200 GB but I wouldn't trust anything they say simply because they do not want people to have unlimited data at all on their network anymore.

my monthly usage has never been above 20GB on my UPD line. I just renewed that line back in November and it is now showing contract end date of November 2018. If I somehow get a letter from Verizon, will I still be responsible for the $350 ETF?

Or am I fairly safe until November 2018?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

my monthly usage has never been above 20GB on my UPD line. I just renewed that line back in November and it is now showing contract end date of November 2018. If I somehow get a letter from Verizon, will I still be responsible for the $350 ETF?

They're only going after non-contract people over the limit. In contract customers are unaffected since they don't want to cancel out the ETF.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon spokesperson said 200 GB. If you have never exceeded that ever then you should contact Verizon should you get the letter.