Unlink Ringer and Notification Volume?

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't seem to unlink the volume level for alerts and phone ringer.
I have always been able to do with this with the the Audio Manager App on my old Evo, but that setting is greyed out now-
Is it just me, or is this an ICS or Evo 4GLTE "feature"?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't seem to unlink the volume level for alerts and phone ringer.
I have always been able to do with this with the the Audio Manager App on my old Evo, but that setting is greyed out now-
Is it just me, or is this an ICS or Evo 4GLTE "feature"?
I'm running a custom ROM on my NS4G with ICS 4.0.4 so I can't verify for certain.

Look under Settings/Sounds/Volumes

I have the option to "Link" or "Unlink" the two settings but I think this is mod of the custom ROM I'm running.

If this is true then its an ICS feature of combining the two volumes together, not the EVO 4G LTE

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Search switch pro in the market. Love this app and it has a setting for all your volume controls.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=alei.switchpro&hl=en&token=wNJ4ZQoa

2012-06-02_22-39-00.png

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a custom ROM on my NS4G with ICS 4.0.4 so I can't verify for certain.

Look under Settings/Sounds/Volumes

I have the option to "Link" or "Unlink" the two settings but I think this is mod of the custom ROM I'm running.

If this is true then its an ICS feature of combining the two volumes together, not the EVO 4G LTE

No such option on mine- must be ICS-
Thanks

Search switch pro in the market. Love this app and it has a setting for all your volume controls.

Yeah I've always used Audio Manager with similar settings but unlinking doesn't appear to be possible on the new EVO even through that app- (I emailed the developer- maybe I'm skipping a setting) I'll trySwitch Pro- thanks

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay after reading your post i gave it a try and your right.

Same thing. As i change the notification setting, the ringtone also changes...

Great now i'm mad at something i didn't even know was an issue lol

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay after reading your post i gave it a try and your right.

Same thing. As i change the notification setting, the ringtone also changes...

Great now i'm mad at something i didn't even know was an issue lol

I think this is an ICS change, linking the two together.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I am officially an idiot. I just installed SwitchPro widget from Droid Shogun, but I don't see where I can adjust notification volume separately. I can't even see where to adjust any volume...

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I am officially an idiot. I just installed SwitchPro widget from Droid Shogun, but I don't see where I can adjust notification volume separately. I can't even see where to adjust any volume...

You need to add volume to the widget when you first create it. Then you can adjust it

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
While this does provide you with two icons, one for ringer and one for notifications, the volumes of each are still linked.

Your right ... I just noticed that if I adjust the two separately, when I go back into it they both are adjusted to the same volume. I still like having the controls in the notification bar though.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Peace All,

After doin some thorough research I found that there is only one app that can separate/ unlink the ringer and notification. The dev has a trial version which lasts I believe 48 hrs for you to try it out. The actual cost of the paid version is $2.99. Its called ICS Enhanced Ringer Control. You can find it here on the Market (GooGle Play ...I hate this name):
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...c2xvcC5pY3NyaW5nZXJ2b2x1bWUiXQ&token=tSE02IbD..

Reactions: bc2k

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow finally someone did what we all needed thanks. I am trying the free version for the 2 days of all works good than I'll buy it. I have no idea why this was not part of the original programming or why no ROM developer did it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
really tho? what was google thinking with this?? I shouldn't have to pay for an app to do something as simple as individually control native sounds on my device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi