Unlinking gmail from my regular email on my Samsung note 5 phone

TPCSnoopy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
how to unlink my Gmail from my regular email off of my Samsung note 5 phone to view in 2 separate email programs without loosing my information. I cut off synchronize in the setting for Gmail on my regular email on my phone but at the top it does give me the option to remove but then I get this message.. "removing this email will delete all accounts, email, contacts and other data from the device storage. What can I do. I have the Gmail app already on my phone and I like my regular email on my phone as well. Thanks, in advance, TCSnoopy

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to be sure I understand what you're trying to do, you want to remove an account from Gmail (not the Google account) and move that account to another email client, is that right?
If that's the case I would just prevent that account from syncing (in Gmail, as you have done) and set it up in whatever email client you want to use for it. If it all works as expected you can remove the account from Gmail after you're happy with the way its working.
Or you could just leave it there if it isn't using too much space.

TPCSnoopy

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok sorry if I didn't explain better. I have my regular email account on my phone. I also have a Gmail account on my phone as well. Separate apps. I want to unlink the Gmail from regular email account which some how I added Gmail along with my regular email account on the phone. Don't like it set that way. I added it to my regular email. I still have the Gmail app and can check my Gmail from there. But when I try to remove Gmail from my regular email account on the phone (I did stop the synchronize option in the Gmail options as I've read on here. But when I press the remove Gmail account from my email on phone I get this message "removing this email will delete all accounts, email, contacts and other data from the device storage. I don't want this actually means. Thanks for your reply! TCSnoopy

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I'm sorry that I did not have a better grasp on what you were asking. If you're just removing a Gmail account from a separate email client I believe that should only remove the information from that app, not the phone. I guessing all your calendar and contacts are in Google (or equivalent) apps.

Another option is to just stop syncing Gmail in the other app. I use the Outlook client so that's the only app I'm really familiar with.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarkarsly