Unlock Samsung A12 - no data loss

beans and egg

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi, sadly my son (16yrs) passed away recently in an accident. I am trying to get every pictures and videos from his Samsung A12 to treasure every moment of his short life. The phone is locked and the remote unlock is turned off, so we cannot use the find my phone option. This is very important to me, I am willing to do anything to access those little parts of his life. We contacted Samsung and they said they cannot help us (which is extremely sad). Please help me. Thank you

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Please accept our condolences for the loss of your son.

We all have to respect the privacy even of those who are no longer with us. Supposing that the phone were not locked, and that you could go straight into it: are you sure that you would want to do that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Sorry for your loss, these phones are protected by users Account once they use password/pin/biometric , if Samsung couldn't help we definitely not going be useful here unfortunately.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So sorry to hear about your loss. Would you happen to know his Samsung or Google account credentials? If so, you could try logging into those and either looking at his Google Photos account (if he had Google Photos auto-backup turned on) or use his Samsung account unlock the phone.

You can also submit a request to access his Google account this way: https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/6357590?hl=en

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for your loss, unfortunately Google takes security very seriously, there is no known way to bypass the lock.

Chances of them helping are slim, but Google themselves are probably the only ones that could help.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Sorry for your loss.

Are you in the US? Was the phone on a family plan?

Your minor sons possessions should pass through probate to you, and then you can do as you wish with it, including data recovery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair