Unlock Samsung S8 which was locked remotely using Google ADM and Samsung Find my mobile?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I lost my S8, so I locked both using Samsung and Google ADM. Then I found it, and it was off first (on battery). After charging I opened (and that was the first time it was online since it has been locked) it was locked first by Samsung and then by Google, and it was offline on both Google ADM and also Samsung find my mobile.
The problem:
When I locked it with Google, it said you don't need to set a pin code, because it will be locked using the lock screen, so I did not set a new one. I thought this would be easy to unlock, BUT it asks fo a pin code, and I my phone is locked with either my fingerprint or with a pattern, I have never used a pin code for that. I tried every possible pin code I could've thought and nothing, I found some people who ran into the same problem before, nobody found a solution, except for doing a factory reset. I gave up and I wanted to do a Factory reset, I need my phone to be offline to go through the steps of resetting the phone, but since it was locked by Samsung the phone cannot be turned off.

I do not know what should I do, the phone is offline, cannot open it and cannot do factory reset. Now I am trying to drain the battery so it will be turned off, I want to try so I can reset it.

I was missing by the buttons and I realize pressing Power, Bixby and Volume down, will take me to "OS custom install", and when I choose to continue it says Downloading and nothing happens. I do not know if this can help with solving the problem.

If you know how to:
1. open the Google pin code
2. unlock the phone using Samsung find my mobile (FMM), so I can turn it off and factory reset
3. trun off the phone somehow

PLEASE HELP!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you used Samsung's Find My Mobile to lock the phone remotely, do you recall being prompted to create a new screen lock PIN? Google's Find My Device won't allow you to change an existing screen lock password, but my understanding is that Samsung's Find My Mobile does give you this option.