Question Unlock screen, password, no buttons or doubletap

klankungen

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
I have a S22+, on it the lock screen öights up and I can swipe up for inputing password if I fail to place my finger right on the screen. However! I work with a person who just got a new s24+ and that feature is not activated. The person has a handicap that makes it hard to place the finger right every time, impossible to press the lock button, and almost never able to double tap. I have no idea if the function is removed or I am an idiot. I tried always on display but it only makes it so the clock appears when tapping once but you are still not able to get the lock pad up without double tapping. What can I do to fix the problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried the new phone, but I can't see how it would differ from an S23+ (I can check this weekend when I get mine, hopefully). But if as long as you have both unlock methods set up, swiping in any direction anywhere on the screen will ask for your alternate unlock method. If dexterity is a problem, you may be able to benefit from Face Unlock better.

klankungen

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
I haven't tried the new phone, but I can't see how it would differ from an S23+ (I can check this weekend when I get mine, hopefully). But if as long as you have both unlock methods set up, swiping in any direction anywhere on the screen will ask for your alternate unlock method. If dexterity is a problem, you may be able to benefit from Face Unlock better.
Sadly, face unlock is not a good alternative. It will be much harder to use than the finger print option. I guess he is doomed to have a bitt more of a hassle now that all good phones from all companies lack buttons on the front.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I now tried it on the S24 and I can confirm you can swipe anywhere on the screen to input an alternative unlock method. Of course, there's also the option to keep the phone unlocked (either by not setting up a lockscreen or by having a connected accessory like a watch or headphones keep the phone unlocked when in proximity).