Unlocked Optimus S?

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
So awhile ago I bought an Optimus S with a bad ESN off of eBay to use as a media device. I have no use for it now, so I went to check to see if I could resell it. I've heard of Sprint only disabling the ESN for a few months, so I went to the Sprint website and talked with an employee. He checked me ESN number and said it was actually unlocked. Apparently they don't allow unlocked phones on their network, so it can't get reactivated. So my question is, what carriers allow unlocked CDMA phones on their network, and more importantly, would anyone even buy an unlocked Optimus?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Android Central Forums

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
So awhile ago I bought an Optimus S with a bad ESN off of eBay to use as a media device. I have no use for it now, so I went to check to see if I could resell it. I've heard of Sprint only disabling the ESN for a few months, so I went to the Sprint website and talked with an employee. He checked me ESN number and said it was actually unlocked. Apparently they don't allow unlocked phones on their network, so it can't get reactivated. So my question is, what carriers allow unlocked CDMA phones on their network, and more importantly, would anyone even buy an unlocked Optimus?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Android Central Forums

Sprint just said they now endorse letting their MVNOs use deactivated Sprint phones on those networks

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaplogo