Unlocked, Rooted, IMM30B...still no Root access thru TiBu, or ROM

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Pardon me if this is a dumb or Noob scenario...

I had 4.0.2 bone stock.
Got the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit and Unlocked and Rooted the phone
Installed 4.0.4 IMM30B leak file

So now, I was going to back up all data, revert to 4.0.2, and flash the newer 4.0.4 IMM76K..

But...TiBu doesn't have permissions because it says my phone is NOT rooted. ROM doesn't have permissions either (thought CWM shows 5.0.0.4)

What am I missing? I cant wipe the phone until I do a back up (MyBackUpPro file is not working when I restore to a different phone, so I was gonna try TiBu - BUT its not working.)

I have redone the Root process thru Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 multiple times and each time, it says its Rooted (SU done, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated. Moderators, fell free to move this post to an appropriate place if this is not it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlocked, Rooted, IMM30B...still no Root access thru TiBu, or

Hmmm. I would use something like Wug's, backup your data, revert from there, unlock/root, then flash the deodexed 4.0.4.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm. I would use something like Wug's, backup your data, revert from there, unlock/root, then flash the deodexed 4.0.4.

Thanks, but I am using WUGS. I'm pretty sure WUGS doesn't back up my SMS, MMS, and Call log (which is what I need - I have over 600 MMS and 25k SMS messages.)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Do you have the Superuser app installed? If so, does it have the exceptions for TitBu listed?

If no Superuser, try getting it from the Market. Should have been pushed to your phone as part of the root process, but if it bugged out...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, but I am using WUGS. I'm pretty sure WUGS doesn't back up my SMS, MMS, and Call log (which is what I need - I have over 600 MMS and 25k SMS messages.)

There's an app for that, but I completely forget what it's called.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

SMS backup and restore, free in market, no root required. Call log backup and restore as well if you need that :)

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Do you have the Superuser app installed? If so, does it have the exceptions for TitBu listed?

If no Superuser, try getting it from the Market. Should have been pushed to your phone as part of the root process, but if it bugged out...

I have SU...been done many times. However, TiBu is not listed. Only MyBackupPro and ROM Manager are listed. Again, if ROM is listed, why can't I access the ROM manager features - its always looking for permissions (of which, I can't even FIX the permissions!)

There's an app for that, but I completely forget what it's called.

MyBackupPro is an amazing app for that. It has worked on my Droid Pro, Droid Charge, Thunderbolt, and Nexus (4.0.1 and .2) However, when I received my replacement phone because I was having some battery connector issues, the new phone (in both stock 4.0.2 and leaked 4.0.4 Unlcked and Rooted) would take the restore process, but the message app froze every time I went to open a message.

...Hence the reason why I was going to try TiBu to see if the backup and restore function worked with a replacement phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Try uninstalling/reinstalling TiBu? Can you get root access with something like Root Explorer? This is very odd TBH.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

SMS backup and restore, free in market, no root required. Call log backup and restore as well if you need that :)

I tried that app. It messes up all the order of the SMS/MMS dates and times (at least in the Nexus.) I have many threads over 3-4K full of SMS/MMS messages and it will put the conversations one sided (ie. My responses without the other party for at least 10 lines.)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I tried that app. It messes up all the order of the SMS/MMS dates and times (at least in the Nexus.) I have many threads over 3-4K full of SMS/MMS messages and it will put the conversations one sided (ie. My responses without the other party for at least 10 lines.)

That's odd.. I used it before and after every single wipe and ROM flash, hundreds of times. Always works flawleessly for me.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

That's odd.. I used it before and after every single wipe and ROM flash, hundreds of times. Always works flawleessly for me.

I know its worked for so many people...seemingly when I used it, It would give me my last 10 sms in a row, then the other person's 9, etc..

I would really hate to mess up the SMS/MMS I have now. Some people are no longer with me (RIP,) some are just too funny, and some are business.

I've tried two Root programs, WUGS and Gnex Toolkit v6.1 Each of them say I'm rooted after the process, but SU, ROM, CWM and TiBu fail to gain Root access...

Is it because of the IMM30B leak ROM? Did I lose root? (even though the 1-click programs say I am??

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I know its worked for so many people...seemingly when I used it, It would give me my last 10 sms in a row, then the other person's 9, etc..

I would really hate to mess up the SMS/MMS I have now. Some people are no longer with me (RIP,) some are just too funny, and some are business.

I've tried two Root programs, WUGS and Gnex Toolkit v6.1 Each of them say I'm rooted after the process, but SU, ROM, CWM and TiBu fail to gain Root access...

Is it because of the IMM30B leak ROM? Did I lose root? (even though the 1-click programs say I am??

You very well could have; but if you flashed a deodexed/rooted version, you obviously shouldn't have. Maybe try updating the binarie for SU? I presume you have, but i'm really at a loss.

And I understand keeping stuff of the ones who have passed. I have a VM from my grandmother from last October that I've been perpetually saving since then.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

You very well could have; but if you flashed a deodexed/rooted version, you obviously shouldn't have. Maybe try updating the binarie for SU? I presume you have, but i'm really at a loss.

And I understand keeping stuff of the ones who have passed. I have a VM from my grandmother from last October that I've been perpetually saving since then.

I flashed the leaked Google version (nondoedexed and not rooted) Then rooted again. I haven't updated the binarie for SU...(well beyond my scope at this point - please help?)

As for VM's...After about year, I converted them to MP3's...because I only had room for 1 message before it was full!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the leaked Google version (nondoedexed and not rooted) Then rooted again. I haven't updated the binarie for SU...(well beyond my scope at this point - please help?)

As for VM's...After about year, I converted them to MP3's...because I only had room for 1 message before it was full!

Find your SU app, click the wrench thing, scroll all the way down to GENERAL, and under there look for "tap to check for updates." Do that. The latest binary is 3.0.3.2, at least according to mine.

Also, how do you convert the VM's to mp3s? I'd love to do that.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Find your SU app, click the wrench thing, scroll all the way down to GENERAL, and under there look for "tap to check for updates." Do that. The latest binary is 3.0.3.2, at least according to mine.

Also, how do you convert the VM's to mp3s? I'd love to do that.

Might have found the problem. During the update for SU, it did NOT find BUSYBOX, and could not gain root access. I've seen this BUSYBOX thingy before, but I thought its pushed during the Root method??

As for the MP3. I used a double inline headphone jack and my Mac inline jack. Played messages through the MAC, and used a simple recorder program to capture each VM.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Might have found the problem. During the update for SU, it did NOT find BUSYBOX, and could not gain root access. I've seen this BUSYBOX thingy before, but I thought its pushed during the Root method??

As for the MP3. I used a double inline headphone jack and my Mac inline jack. Played messages through the MAC, and used a simple recorder program to capture each VM.

What recorder program?

And I have no idea if Wug's pushes busybox or not; I root/unlock through fastboot, so one of the first things I do is install the busybox installer app. Go find that in the Play Store and install!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...jrummy.busybox.installer&hl=en&token=QKruPGNV

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

What recorder program?

And I have no idea if Wug's pushes busybox or not; I root/unlock through fastboot, so one of the first things I do is install the busybox installer app. Go find that in the Play Store and install!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...jrummy.busybox.installer&hl=en&token=HUIeoysa

Download any MP3 recorder or plain recorder program that can export sound files in MP3 format. There are lots avail through the Mac App Store.

So...I can't install Busybox unless I'm rooted (which I just did minutes ago, and WUGS say's I'm rooted...!) It also means I can't update SU either... This makes no sense!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Download any MP3 recorder or plain recorder program that can export sound files in MP3 format. There are lots avail through the Mac App Store.

So...I can't install Busybox unless I'm rooted (which I just did minutes ago, and WUGS say's I'm rooted...!) It also means I can't update SU either... This makes no sense!

Hate to say it, but you may have to start anew if you want root access lol. The Busy Box thing is literally my last idea. Have you tried GNex Toolkit? Maybe that'll help? It's on XDA.

bselman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Hate to say it, but you may have to start anew if you want root access lol. The Busy Box thing is literally my last idea. Have you tried GNex Toolkit? Maybe that'll help? It's on XDA.

Yeah...that was the other program I tried to use as well. Both programs show that I'm rooted........ ugh!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen