Unofficial poll: What size phone do you prefer?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I want to ask you guys a question. When it comes to an Android phone, what size screen do you want? With all the attention and hype on flagship phones, sometimes I feel I must be crazy because I actually PREFER a medium screen. But I saw a few posts here lately, and it does seem that at least a few people agree that bigger is NOT necessarily better.

So if cost was no object, what is your ideal screen size? I've gone window shopping for phones a lot, and although I don't personally own all size screens, I did hold them in my hand and compare. My personal screen preference is 3.7". What's yours?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I like to be able to operate the entire phone in portrait with one hand, my girl hands just don't like big phones and neither do my pockets. I am currently in the hunt to replace my atrix and I would love something similar in size.

Reactions: droidmyme

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I like to be able to operate the entire phone in portrait with one hand, my girl hands just don't like big phones and neither do my pockets. I am currently in the hunt to replace my atrix and I would love something similar in size.

I am kinda with you :)

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the 4.7 Evo4GLTE,I originally I wanted the galaxy Note 5.3. After one week I think the 4.7 is more practical for my hands and belt.:D

sent from my Evo4LTE

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys, but I honestly don't get the Galaxy Note preference. Don't your prefer a phone that you can slip into your pocket?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus right now, but I lust after the Note's screen. I hope that the Note 2 is on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally, i prefer no greater than 4in screen. These big 4.5in or greater are making me seriously want to consider the iphone. I use a droid incredible 2 and i love it. But the specs are not flagship in any 4in size phone. Add a rugged case to a 4.5in+ phone and u essentially have a portable looking vcr! No thanks!

Sent from my HTC Inc2 using Tapatalk 2

Ezence01

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I felt the same way about preferring smaller phones when I made the jump from my iP4 to the Droid 3, now I can't ever see myself going back to anything that small again and after playing with my wife's One X I now I think the 4" is too small also and think her 4.7" is perfect. I think a lot has to do with the curved designs, thinner devices, and smaller bezels making the larger screens feel great in the hands and easily portable. Now I can't wait to try the SG3 just to see how it feels with the 4.8" screen. The Note is just way to big for me, but a friend of mine loves his.

OpetMajka

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree the Note was no where near as big as expected, but my Atrix in its case barely fits in my pockets... of course... women's jeans don't have pockets like men's do... because they assume you will carry a purse. I don't.

I did seriously think about touching an iphone for a moment, but no thank you!

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the real question should be about overall phone size. The truth is that anyone would want the largest screen size possible fitted within the overall phone dimensions that they desire. I have a HTC Sensation and think it is about the ideal size for me (though its getting chubby by today's standards-the One S must be a delight in the hand with nearly the same length/width but much thinner). Does that mean I think 4.3" is the perfect screen size? Not necessarily. If they could reduce bezel sizes and come out with a 4.5" display device that has the same overall size as my Sensation, then obviously I would take the larger screen and say that this is then the perfect sized display.

So, I won't be getting the One X or GS3, as neither is enough of an upgrade for me (both have current rather than next gen GPUs), and they are both too large. I'm hoping that by end of this year or start of next year we will start to see 4.7" display devices with ultra thin bezels that are only marginally larger than my Sensation overall :)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree the Note was no where near as big as expected, but my Atrix in its case barely fits in my pockets... of course... women's jeans don't have pockets like men's do... because they assume you will carry a purse. I don't.

I did seriously think about touching an iphone for a moment, but no thank you!

I think a purse is the devils playground. By the time you dig thru it then find your phone, you've missed the call.

I played with a friends Note and it fit fine in my jeans pocket. I also carry my 5" Galaxy Player in my pockets too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLinn