Unresponsive soft keys - article. Juicy update ahead?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The article starts as:

"Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9 is not having a smooth ride. More software problems are being reported, with the latest issue regarding Android’s on-screen navigation controls. Piunika Web reports:

Are the on-screen soft keys – recent, home, and back buttons – present on the bottom of your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 screen have suddenly become less responsive? Like, do you press them many times in order to generate a response? If yes, then you aren’t alone.

There have been similar reports from other Galaxy Note 9 users as well. What makes this news worthy is that Samsung has confirmed the problem, saying a fix is being worked on."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewansp...-9-camera-freeze-sticky-keyboard-problem/amp/

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Forbes is click bait. Most articles don't tell you anything factual or reports age old issues acting like there is something new.
Regarding this topic, has anyone on this board experiences this "issue"? I don't recall seeing anything myself.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I get unresponsive buttons when I'm in an app folder. For example, I'll go into my app drawer, click on the Google app folder, then the back button to get back to the app drawer and it takes a few presses. Tried it on my Samsung and tmobile folder in my app drawer with the same results. I don't normally use folders since I just add another screen, so it's just those three that I could tell.

Also my recent button is non responsive at times.

ETA tmobile, USA, just got the phone 4 days ago picked up at the store.

Last edited:

sojodave

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this problem. I went from a Galaxy 8 Plus and I never had that problem with that phone. I just got mine yesterday and I thought it was user error. I did have two updates and still having the problem.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Are people with these issues using screen protectors? Maybe Samsung did something different with the sensitivity of the nav buttons?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There are a few people posting issue with the soft keys on Samsung's Note 9 community forum. One poster figured out it was Samsung Pay causing some conflict with the keys. I think in a couple of cases updating Samsung pay fixed them.

Are people with these issues using screen protectors? Maybe Samsung did something different with the sensitivity of the nav buttons?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There are a few people posting issue with the soft keys on Samsung's Note 9 community forum. One poster figured out it was Samsung Pay causing some conflict with the keys. I think in a couple of cases updating Samsung pay fixed them.
Might be why I don't have any issues, I have Samsung pay turned off.

pirahna

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Both me and my wife have issues with the recent app button not working sometimes. We assumed it was because of the tempered glass screen protector but hopefully it is something that will be fed in an update.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I read a story last night as well saying someone from Samsung stated it was a Samsung pay issue and offered a work-around. He also said you could just setup Samsung pay as well.
fa0243470dc7100d5e217e957381ee32.jpg
4e63d0f808af0e591f0a7454c975af34.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield