Unroot Factory Reset VRUAME7 Verizon S4 Odin Failed. Stuck on Yellow Exclamation!

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I rooted on VRUAME7 I am now trying to do a reset/restore. When I did a factory reset in the system, it rebooted and is now stuck on a yellow exclamation mark and says:

"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recover mode in Kies & try again."

I downloaded the Stock Restore and followed a guide to restore using Odin.

Odin Failed and says:
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> SCH-I545_MDK_562219_Stock_Restore.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/005> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/005> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Phone says:
Start [224,1440]
SW REV. CHECK FAIL: FOUND: 3, Binary: 1

Questions:

1.)How to I charge it (connecting to charger after battery pull immediately starts the phone and pulls up the Yellow Exclamation.)?

2.)How do I unroot and restore this back to factory?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
FIXED!
I flashed this ME7 image via Odin found on this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jason Manning1

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have/had the same issue as the above, however i had a friend at bestbuy who was able to to reflash phone using samsung gear to get phone back up. however i still have supersu but root checkers say i dont have root access. SO should i try and follow steps to unroot? using odin and flashing stock ware. my phone is now updated to 4.3 from verizon tech but supersu is still installed.

slamo27

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The geniuses at VZW have set the updates to not allow a downgrade to the VRUAMDK firmware if you've updated past it... (side note: to my knowledge the VRUAMDK firmware has the exploit to unlock the bootloader)... so in order to flash the stock ROM, you'll have a better chance of the phone taking the ODIN process if you use the firmware version already installed. I rooted on VRUAME7 and had to flash VRUAME7... nothing later and definitely nothing earlier.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Dreamliner330... my phone no longer is soft bricked. (I needed stock firmware to update my phone for several reasons :p )

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny