Unroot questions

Steven Cugini

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I followed the guide on these forums, got root, made a backup of stock rom, then flashed cyanogenmod 10.1 correctly. However, I tried to restore the stock rom today and there was a MD5 mismatch, so i booted up my phone and looked through my file manager to find the backup. at first I saw the md5 file, but didnt touch anything. I later went back into the file manager and the md5 file was gone... Being in this position, I found it slightly sketchy to try and restore the backup again in case it would cause issues/corruption. My primary question is should i just follow the unroot guide, run triangle away, then proceed to flash stock in odin, or should i attempt to fix my backup and flash that before trying to unroot.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Without knowing exactly what you did, or what might have gone wrong, I can't really recommend that try to restore it. OTOH, if you do, and it fails, you can always use the unroot guide then.

Note that you need to run Triangle Away before you unroot. It will only work on a rooted phone.

Steven Cugini

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The md5 checksum file seemed to have went missing after I *copied the backup folder to my computer. (I did this just in case something happens, so I at least have something.) My main question now would be, is it safe to run triangle away now, within cyanogemod, then flash the stock tar with Odin?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can do that.

Another option, now that I think about it, would be to reflash the WS ROM (or another rooted ROM, such as MOAR) from scratch. Just copy the ROM's zip file to your SD card, and do a clean install (wipe cache, dalvik, factory reset). Unless you really want to go back to stock, this will probably resolve your issues, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen