Unrooting for beginners

Dedline81

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have been staring at my phone for 4 days now having fun with my first root experience, several great roms, and just trying to become as well rounded and skilled in the root world of cell phones. I will try and make this short, and any advice is appreciated.

Current phone - Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900
Android 4.1.2
Baseband Version - L900VPALJ1
Kernal Version - 3.0.36 Perseus-alpha35
Build number (ROM) - Lab Rats 2.2 MA7

Since I have become pretty comfortable with the root process, I use TWRP recovery, and used ODIN 1.85. I want to become familiar and successful with completely UNROOTING, going back to PURE warranty returnable stock. I spent the last 3 days of my waking life researching forums on XDA Developers with little help or any at all on the posts for help and the information I got was varied with many different methods to accomplish this stock pursuit of unrooting. The only thing that has got me close to perfect unroot was the following:

Started off and bought and installed Triangle Away from the Google Market. Ran the process through the app to reset my binary count. Rebooted through program, showed I had a 0 binary count after resetting which was great, but still had custom indicators in the download screen on boot. Through guides on youtube from Galaxynote2root.com I did the following. Rebooted into TWRP recovery, wiped my cache, dalv, system 3x to be safe, and hit reformat 3x, and rebooted back to a stock looking rom. Went through the setup process and realized after another reboot into download mode, I still showed a custom version or something in the screen but still had the 0 binary count. I rebooted and went through my apps and saw I had the SuperSU app still. I ran Root checker and found I was still rooted. I went into the SUper SU program like I saw in the video and hit UNROOT and let the app do its thing. I ran Rootchecker and wala, said I was no longer rooted. I rebooted into download mode, I now had everything back to normal it seemed. No custom showing, just official and 0 binary. I then rebooted into recovery mode and got stock android recover this time, not TWRP. I wiped everything doing a full data format. I then downloaded several different combination versions of a stock recovery from Samsung-updates.com which did not work in ODIN. As soon as I hit PDA in ODIN and hit start, when it hit recovery, it fails in the red box. I did this with version SPH-900VPALJC and L900VPALJ1 as far as stock roms. Both fail in ODIN. So I gave it a shot and in ODIN loaded recovery-stock-alj1-SPHL900 from the recovery folder in the Samsung Galaxy Note toolkit version 4.1 from xda developers site and it worked saying passed. I rebooted and got a stock looking startup process. Everything synced with my Google and Samsung accounts and I was at the stock looking home page of my GN2. I checked the kernal/rom version in system info and it was from some date in October 2012. So I tried for a day to get updates to newest through system updates and no luck. Never updated firmware or samsung software.

Only thing I can think of from forums is I was at around 34% battery life while doing all this stuff cause I was on it all day. Other than that I tried everything I could gather from online forums and youtube to get phone back to factory stock condition. So atm, I am running rooted with Labrats rom until someone can help me. Please try, I would greatly appreciate it. I am going out of my mind doing research but just do not have the knowledge a lot of you already have. Thank you and I look forward to your help.

OH any with any rom as of yesterday, I am annoyed with a system update available over and over and over and it wont go away.

Rdean61

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm also new to rooting and have been wondering about how to return to stock. This may be stupid, but what happens if a person does a "factory data and reset"?
Hey guys,

I have been staring at my phone for 4 days now having fun with my first root experience, several great roms, and just trying to become as well rounded and skilled in the root world of cell phones. I will try and make this short, and any advice is appreciated.

Current phone - Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900
Android 4.1.2
Baseband Version - L900VPALJ1
Kernal Version - 3.0.36 Perseus-alpha35
Build number (ROM) - Lab Rats 2.2 MA7

Since I have become pretty comfortable with the root process, I use TWRP recovery, and used ODIN 1.85. I want to become familiar and successful with completely UNROOTING, going back to PURE warranty returnable stock. I spent the last 3 days of my waking life researching forums on XDA Developers with little help or any at all on the posts for help and the information I got was varied with many different methods to accomplish this stock pursuit of unrooting. The only thing that has got me close to perfect unroot was the following:

Started off and bought and installed Triangle Away from the Google Market. Ran the process through the app to reset my binary count. Rebooted through program, showed I had a 0 binary count after resetting which was great, but still had custom indicators in the download screen on boot. Through guides on youtube from Galaxynote2root.com I did the following. Rebooted into TWRP recovery, wiped my cache, dalv, system 3x to be safe, and hit reformat 3x, and rebooted back to a stock looking rom. Went through the setup process and realized after another reboot into download mode, I still showed a custom version or something in the screen but still had the 0 binary count. I rebooted and went through my apps and saw I had the SuperSU app still. I ran Root checker and found I was still rooted. I went into the SUper SU program like I saw in the video and hit UNROOT and let the app do its thing. I ran Rootchecker and wala, said I was no longer rooted. I rebooted into download mode, I now had everything back to normal it seemed. No custom showing, just official and 0 binary. I then rebooted into recovery mode and got stock android recover this time, not TWRP. I wiped everything doing a full data format. I then downloaded several different combination versions of a stock recovery from Samsung-updates.com which did not work in ODIN. As soon as I hit PDA in ODIN and hit start, when it hit recovery, it fails in the red box. I did this with version SPH-900VPALJC and L900VPALJ1 as far as stock roms. Both fail in ODIN. So I gave it a shot and in ODIN loaded recovery-stock-alj1-SPHL900 from the recovery folder in the Samsung Galaxy Note toolkit version 4.1 from xda developers site and it worked saying passed. I rebooted and got a stock looking startup process. Everything synced with my Google and Samsung accounts and I was at the stock looking home page of my GN2. I checked the kernal/rom version in system info and it was from some date in October 2012. So I tried for a day to get updates to newest through system updates and no luck. Never updated firmware or samsung software.

Only thing I can think of from forums is I was at around 34% battery life while doing all this stuff cause I was on it all day. Other than that I tried everything I could gather from online forums and youtube to get phone back to factory stock condition. So atm, I am running rooted with Labrats rom until someone can help me. Please try, I would greatly appreciate it. I am going out of my mind doing research but just do not have the knowledge a lot of you already have. Thank you and I look forward to your help.

OH any with any rom as of yesterday, I am annoyed with a system update available over and over and over and it wont go away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800