Updates for how long?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
We all know Google's plan of 2 years of OS updates after the device is last sold new and 3 years of monthly security updates. Considering the Pixel-C is still being sold as new, is it safe to assume that it'll get at least Android Q and then updates for another year after?

I'm in need of a new tablet, need a 10" device (or close). The Pixel-C or other Google device is the only one I'll consider due to the update situation but I'm concerned about buying one nearly 18 months after it was first released and only getting one more major OS update and only 18 more months of security patches.

Thoughts?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
We all know Google's plan of 2 years of OS updates after the device is last sold new and 3 years of monthly security updates. Considering the Pixel-C is still being sold as new, is it safe to assume that it'll get at least Android Q and then updates for another year after?

I'm in need of a new tablet, need a 10" device (or close). The Pixel-C or other Google device is the only one I'll consider due to the update situation but I'm concerned about buying one nearly 18 months after it was first released and only getting one more major OS update and only 18 more months of security patches.

Thoughts?

I never read it as "last sold new". I always thought it was initial launch.