updating to 4.3

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
i have a galaxy nexus which seems "stuck" on 4.2.1
i'm on AT&T, i've tried to force the update by the method described on other threads here, and i've tried multiple times, no success.
any ideas ??:(

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the phone from AT&T? If so, contact them. They control the updates.....
There was no Galaxy Nexus from At&t...The updates come from Google.

To the OP is it possible your phone isn't stock? Rooted perhaps? In which case you wouldn't receive OTA's.

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
hmmmmmmm, hadn't thought of that !! lol,
ok, i just pushed power and volume down at the same time
the screen has START at the top, then little android dude
then it says its downloading
then "do not turn off target"
whats up ??

anyway, its locked

Last edited:

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
How did you make out Jay? If you want to see if you have recovery on it. Turn the phone off, then hold power and both the up/down volume buttons until it gets to recovery. You can look through the menus and see if there may be a custom ROM on it.

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
no, its stock, i had the nexus s when i was on sprint, i'm familiar with rooting, installing roms, i may just unlock and put a rom on it,

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
OP, you'll have to check if it's a yakju or takju variant. These are the true Google versions, and should recieve all updates directly from Google. The samsung galaxy Nexus versions sold in Canada (and possibly elsewhere) are Yakjuux and recieve updates through the carrier.

Mine was originally a yakjuux on Rogers (Canada) which I converted to Yakju. It has recieved several updates that I wouldn't have gotten if it was still stock.. Might be something to look into if you're still having trouble

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
OP, you'll have to check if it's a yakju or takju variant. These are the true Google versions, and should recieve all updates directly from Google. The samsung galaxy Nexus versions sold in Canada (and possibly elsewhere) are Yakjuux and recieve updates through the carrier.

Mine was originally a yakjuux on Rogers (Canada) which I converted to Yakju. It has recieved several updates that I wouldn't have gotten if it was still stock.. Might be something to look into if you're still having trouble
looking at screen in fast boot mode
product name - tuna
variant - maguro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yura32