Upgrade From S6 to Note 9

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It was time to upgrade again, as I was getting low on memory. I didn't want to go through failed updates and "insufficient memory" again, so I went to the Sprint web page. Lo, there was an ad for 50% 0ff 18 Month Flex Lease on the Note 9. That $1,000 phone just went on sale for $500.

The sale was for real, so I snatched it up. The only version Sprint offered was 128 GB Storage and 6 GB RAM, but that seems enough. I spent the past week figuring out just what I got myself into.

First, it got a bit more expensive than it first seemed. To get the 50% I had to start a new line. That lost my 1GB of free data. The lowest current data plan is 2GB for a whopping $40. Since the next step is Unlimited for $60, I took that. Now that I see what the Note 9 offers, I see that 1GB wouldn't be realistic any more. Last fall, I had a lightning strike, and no wi-fi for three days. The mobile hotspot from Walmart ate up more than $60. I'm starting to feel that I'm not losing money on data, just getting more.

Second, it's FAST! Did I say FAST?

I was ready to try Iris and Face recognition, but set up Fingerprint first. We're not talking slow swipe 3 or 4 times. Just touch that scanner and BAM, you're in. I checked download near the tower. Instead of 5-15 Mb, I got 75 Mb. My house is in a low signal location, but I still get 15 Mb inside and 25 Mb outside. The phones Hotspot will get me through any future cable outages. No more email at the doctor's office, I can stream NetFlix.

I did have an issue with the phone. Icons on the far left side weren't very responsive, and needed a real hard press. Sprint said it was the case needing "break in". I guess they were right, because it's working much better now.

The only other issue is I can't find a plain telephone ringtone on my phone. I'm sure I can download one.

I know I haven't covered everything, but I haven't discovered everything yet. However; it does look like I'm gonna LOVE this phone. :D :D :D

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It was time to upgrade again, as I was getting low on memory. I didn't want to go through failed updates and "insufficient memory" again, so I went to the Sprint web page. Lo, there was an ad for 50% 0ff 18 Month Flex Lease on the Note 9. That $1,000 phone just went on sale for $500.

The sale was for real, so I snatched it up. The only version Sprint offered was 128 GB Storage and 6 GB RAM, but that seems enough. I spent the past week figuring out just what I got myself into.

First, it got a bit more expensive than it first seemed. To get the 50% I had to start a new line. That lost my 1GB of free data. The lowest current data plan is 2GB for a whopping $40. Since the next step is Unlimited for $60, I took that. Now that I see what the Note 9 offers, I see that 1GB wouldn't be realistic any more. Last fall, I had a lightning strike, and no wi-fi for three days. The mobile hotspot from Walmart ate up more than $60. I'm starting to feel that I'm not losing money on data, just getting more.

Second, it's FAST! Did I say FAST?

I was ready to try Iris and Face recognition, but set up Fingerprint first. We're not talking slow swipe 3 or 4 times. Just touch that scanner and BAM, you're in. I checked download near the tower. Instead of 5-15 Mb, I got 75 Mb. My house is in a low signal location, but I still get 15 Mb inside and 25 Mb outside. The phones Hotspot will get me through any future cable outages. No more email at the doctor's office, I can stream NetFlix.

I did have an issue with the phone. Icons on the far left side weren't very responsive, and needed a real hard press. Sprint said it was the case needing "break in". I guess they were right, because it's working much better now.

The only other issue is I can't find a plain telephone ringtone on my phone. I'm sure I can download one.

I know I haven't covered everything, but I haven't discovered everything yet. However; it does look like I'm gonna LOVE this phone. :D :D :D
Congrats on a major upgrade. You can always add an sd memory card to the note 9 if you end up needing one though I doubt you will. I'm surprised about the left side issue...glad its resolved though. Shouldnt have anything to do with a case though

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
1. I already bought a 256GB Micro SD.
2. I think Sprint meant the phone's case. I took off the OtterBox case with no change.

UPDATE: I did some browsing in 9/9+ Forum. The hard press issue was not due to the case. It was caused by the screen protector. The solution was to go into Advanced Settings and turn on "Touch Sensitivity". Worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhsafaie