upgrading from 3g next month

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
if I move my G-nex to another line next month to upgrade it from a OG droid will I see any problems keeping unlimited on that line?

I know I can upgrade to another phone and keep unlimited on my line but what about going from 3g to 4g?

thanks

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You will loose it if you do it next month. Call customer service and ask for an early upgrade so you can keep unlimited. Threaten to cancel your service if they tell you that you'll loose unlimited.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You will loose it if you do it next month. Call customer service and ask for an early upgrade so you can keep unlimited. Threaten to cancel your service if they tell you that you'll loose unlimited.

The reason for this is because Verizon is getting ready to completely reconstruct their service plans, and they have stated specifically that anyone with unlimited data upgrading their phone at a subsidized price after the change will be required to select a new plan and they will lose their unlimited data. You will be able to keep your unlimited data if you upgrade at retail cost of the phone, which is like 500-600 dollars for the Gnex at the moment.

I dont remember the exact date of the change off the top of my head, but yes if you want a subsidized gnex and you want to keep your unlimited data i would strongly suggest getting on the horn with verizon and see what can be done as soon as possible.