Upgrading from G6 to G7

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I can get an LG g7 on sprint for $7/mo. I have the g6 now. How is battery life for you guys? And can you add any image size as wallpapers? I can't on my g6 which is annoying that the whole image doesn't display, so I stick to boring black wallpapers. Also, are the security updates better with the g7? My g6 is stuck on may patch.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Hey guys

i would say its worth it. battery life for me has been about the same with the G7 that i had on the G6, after it settled down of course. the background image thing is the same on the g7 sadly. not sure about the security patches though, i think mine is on july? also, my g7 is on tmobile.

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the response. Im stuck between this and the note 9..everything but my g6 is being updated on sprint

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I guess its all about what you need from a phone, but also bear in mind that the note 9 is twice the price!

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

I guess its all about what you need from a phone, but also bear in mind that the note 9 is twice the price!
Yeah, it's not the price that bothers me lol. Plus it might be a little too big for me. Waiting to check them out at a store before making my decision

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

you can always go in and look at the note 8, from what everyone has been saying, the note 9 is just about the same size. might want to use that as a guide if sprint is still running the same deal on the g7 they were a few weeks ago

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi gang.....how is the G7 in bright sunlight? I can hardly make out anything on my G6 screen outdoors in the sun and that is really my one big complaint about that phone as it is often hard to see well enough to take pictures. Other than that, the G6 has been a good phone for me (I am not a gamer, or super power user, I mostly text, surf the net, and take pictures of my dog!). I have been thinking more and more about switching to the G7 but want to see if it will solve my outdoor problem!

Ian Bower

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Really good, a level up from the G6, more akin to samsung's oled display in terms of brightness but obviously there's a trade off with the battery taking a hit if you are looking for max brightness more often than not!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVHauler