USB-C Male to Male Connector

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Anyone have any insight into if very very short direct USB-C male plug connectors exist?

I've tried multiple searches and can only find ones (male to male USB-C) that are maybe an inch or so in total length. I am looking for something way shorter, basically a back to back plug only long enough for each plug end to fit into a respective female receptical and the two connected devices to basically be touching each other.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just re-read your post, and realized that even these are too long for you.:-\ I'm not sure what you're asking is possible, because there still has to be room for the circuit board.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I just re-read your post, and realized that even these are too long for you.:-\ I'm not sure what you're asking is possible, because there still has to be room for the circuit board.
2 circuit boards actually. One on each end, not to mention wiring them together.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Yeah the ones diddy found are similar to other ones I've found when searching, all still to long for what I am looking for. I am almost looking for a direct plug to plug, nothing else in the middle.

In theory, I think there could be direct straight through ones since the resistors required are quite small and could probably be accommodated without an actual circut board.

Also, if connecting two Android devices back to back or some other OTG accessory I think the resistors in the devices/accessory would handle the situation if there wasn't resistors in the actual connectors, wouldn't they? Apparently, some of the cheap USB-C cables reportedly don't have the resistors.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah the ones diddy found are similar to other ones I've found when searching, all still to long for what I am looking for. I am almost looking for a direct plug to plug, nothing else in the middle.

In theory, I think there could be direct straight through ones since the resistors required are quite small and could probably be accommodated without an actual circut board.

Also, if connecting two Android devices back to back I think the resistors in the devices would handle the situation if there wasn't resistors in the actual connectors. Apparently, some of the cheap USB-C cables don't have the resistors.
But then you risk frying stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
But then you risk frying stuff....
I am not sure about that. What's the purpose of the resistors other than to let devices sense the capabilities of the cable/connector or the connected device?

For my situation, I am confident in the only single accessory I'd be connecting with this thing so I am not overly worried about frying anything. However, the standard probably calls for resistors for a good reason. As for why they don't make back to back plug connectors, perhaps they are rarely needed or not able to be normally addressed by other standard approaches.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908