USB power supplies, adapters and wall outlets for 2.1a devices

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 comes with a 2.1a power supply. The USB power adapters I already own don't supply as much juice, so I'm looking to pick up some new ones.

I love the idea of converting a single wall outlet into 3 plugs and 2 USB ports, but this one doesn't supply enough juice for the Nexus 4. Can anyone recommend alternatives that do? Ideally, where the USB ports can supply 2.1a each, simultaneously? Or is this just not possible yet?

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 comes with a 2.1a power supply. The USB power adapters I already own don't supply as much juice, so I'm looking to pick up some new ones.

I love the idea of converting a single wall outlet into 3 plugs and 2 USB ports, but this one doesn't supply enough juice for the Nexus 4. Can anyone recommend alternatives that do? Ideally, where the USB ports can supply 2.1a each, simultaneously? Or is this just not possible yet?

Yeah, as said, nothing special at all about the charger that came with the Nexus. Same as nearly all other smart phones. If you want a higher oomph can get the $20 12w apple iPad charger.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

deichenlaub

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
but this one doesn't supply enough juice for the Nexus 4

500 mA is enough juice, it will just take you phone a little longer to charge. For example, if you are plugging it in over night, it doesn't make any difference. A higher capacity charger doesn't necessarily mean the phone will do an "AC" (high speed) charge. The phone is supposed to query the charger for its capacity. If the charger can't respond, the phone may just do a USB charge and not use the extra current available.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
500 mA is enough juice, it will just take you phone a little longer to charge.
a 500mAh charger will charge an N4 that's on standby or under light usage, but if you're running more intensive apps (GPS navigation, movies, hotspot, etc) it will likely fail to even sustain the existing charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance