USB questions after MM update

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my Turbo to MM and now when I plug my 64 GB micro USB stick into the phone it displays differently. I can no longer see the music from the stick appearing on the Library section of Play music.
I can see/play the music under the Explore menu that came up when I plugged it in.
Have I lost the ability to let the native app handle my music?
Thanks,
David

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Marshmallow has a notification to allow file transfers. It's the same notification as the device is changing. You might need to change that in order to have the phone see the USB stick.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just where, exactly, is this permission located, as I, to, have an OTG device that is no longer 'seen' on the file tree like it used to.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you plug in the USB to your phone, it should have a general notification. However, since it isn't a powered device, that option may not come up.

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing any options on how to get the native apps to see the thumb drive.
Any thoughts on how to get apps to see the stick?

Attachments

• 131359.jpg
    131359.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 25

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Native ability seems limited to directly from the interacting with the device plugged in. It doesn't allow you to interact with the device and the phone.

TucsonDave

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried one over the weekend and it didn't see the thumb drive either.
Has anyone found a 3rd party player that will?

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
well I finally got to view my pictures see my music files when I pluged into my usb ! I had to go back into my settings on the phone and set up the developers options again , I could see my phone in explorer but I couldn't access anything , the upgrade must have reset all my developer options all is good now .