USB will not charge battery

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
When I attach my Fascinate to my computer via the usb cable it will not charge the battery. The little battery icon looks like it is charging but it acutally drains the battery pretty fast.

Any thoughts on this?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
When I attach my Fascinate to my computer via the usb cable it will not charge the battery. The little battery icon looks like it is charging but it acutally drains the battery pretty fast.

Any thoughts on this?

Is there anything else you may be doing with the phone while you have it plugged in? There have been times I've had it plugged into my computer but I was doing things like sending multiple Emails and various other things and I was actually using more power than I was drawing from the computer. USB/Computer connections draw significantly less power than when it's plugged into an AC outlet.

ochness

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys...I am connected to my laptop, so I will try the high performance setting and see if that makes a difference. I am not really using the device when it is connected to my laptop, but I sync with my Exchange server so I am getting email all the time.

Thanks again for your posts.