Using Headphones that have 3 buttons on a Moto X

greenxyz

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Using Headphones that have 3 buttons on a Moto X
Any way to get these buttons working on a moto X, having issues with headphones that have this functionality (3 Buttons = Pause/Platy, Volume Up, Volume Down). I just tried a reliable headphone (Apple headphones) to ensure it wasn't just the headphones but same issue still persisted.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My 3 button Jaybird Bluebuds work properly with my Moto X.

Those are bluetooth headphones, I don't have any wired buds that have button controls to test.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm my galaxy s3 headphones buttons don't work on moto x

Posted via Android Central App

Nope. Samsung has their own slight variant on the standard, too.

This is why I just gave up and bought a cheap Kinivio Bluetooth headset. Forward, back, volume up/down, and pause/play work just fine and dandy on every phone and tablet I own and my laptop, too. Too many competing standards on the damned plugs.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Plus, on my Moto X, I can declare my bluetooth headset a "secure device" and it will keep the phone from locking while it's in range. Very convenient little feature when I'm at work, where I have to check my phone fairly often and typing the corporate-required 8-character password with one number and one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter auto-locked after 15 minutes is a real pain in the shorts.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't have my moto x yet, but at work I use the Motorola S10 Bluetooth headphones. I have them on for long periods of time especially when I am doing a big job like today while replacing a clutch. They are very comfortable, and work with my S4 beautifully. I would imagine it would be the same for the moto x I'll report back on Monday when my moto x comes in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Chudnick

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for all the good input from this forum. I've done some hefty research and it seems as though the newer Motorola phones are only compatible with the wireless headsets. If you use those, you should be fine, but choosing the wired 3 button controllers simply aren't compatible. Motorola thought it was just fine to move on with the bluetooth tech. and leave out the wired headsets that are not as in demand, so they say.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for all the good input from this forum. I've done some hefty research and it seems as though the newer Motorola phones are only compatible with the wireless headsets. If you use those, you should be fine, but choosing the wired 3 button controllers simply aren't compatible. Motorola thought it was just fine to move on with the bluetooth tech. and leave out the wired headsets that are not as in demand, so they say.

That's unfortunate. I would argue that the wired headphones are more popular than the Bluetooth ones. I rarely ever see anyone with a wireless pair of headphones. It's usually aways wired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
huangsenyuan