Value Pasks for Gears S2 3G

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased a Gear S2 3G, but subsequently have found out that AT&T did not and will not release Value Pack1 (July) and Value Pack 2 (December) for the 3G.

Can anyone tell me why, and am I really missing out on a lot? Do I need to consider changing to the S2 (non 3G) version?

Thanks

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Gear S2 3G, but subsequently have found out that AT&T did not and will not release Value Pack1 (July) and Value Pack 2 (December) for the 3G.

Can anyone tell me why, and am I really missing out on a lot? Do I need to consider changing to the S2 (non 3G) version?

Thanks

AT&T did release the first value pack. In fact, they released it even before the unlocked models, which I know b/c I owned an AT&T S2 3G from Nov of last year until Nov of this year.

Does your watch show a yellow dot on the watchface screen when you receive a notification?

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
AT&T did release the first value pack. In fact, they released it even before the unlocked models, which I know b/c I owned an AT&T S2 3G from Nov of last year until Nov of this year.

Does your watch show a yellow dot on the watchface screen when you receive a notification?

Thanks optimummind:

As a matter of fact, yes it does have the yellow dot over the 9, which advises of notifications. Am I to presume that is part of the Value Pack 1 Update? If so, I'll hope they will release the December 5th Value Pack Update with the S3 features.

By the way, why do you no longer own the ATT S2 3G???

Thanks and Christmas blessings to you.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T 4G model Gear S2 Classic and it also have received both updates. The December update just hit my phone a few hours ago. You might check for updates, or check in the "about" menu and see if you have an update waiting.

Pastorhss

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the AT&T 4G model Gear S2 Classic and it also have received both updates. The December update just hit my phone a few hours ago. You might check for updates, or check in the "about" menu and see if you have an update waiting.

Thanks Markbc:

I just checked my phone and installed the update that was available. I'm excited. I'll spend some time tomorrow seeing what it's all about. Thanks for advising me. God bless you and Merry Christmas.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks optimummind:

As a matter of fact, yes it does have the yellow dot over the 9, which advises of notifications. Am I to presume that is part of the Value Pack 1 Update? If so, I'll hope they will release the December 5th Value Pack Update with the S3 features.

By the way, why do you no longer own the ATT S2 3G???

Thanks and Christmas blessings to you.

I upgraded to the Gear S3 Classic. 😊

I'm happy to hear you got the 2nd value update! Merry X-Mas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous